Chapter 28: Goodbye... Reuben...

Female Jesse's P.O.V

I woke up to the morning sound of... a heartbeat? What in the world...? I open my eyes and look around.

Oh yeah...

Reuben in the hospital .. And I stayed with him...

Haha.. Forgot...

Anyway, I look around and see Jesse on the other side of the room, Beside Petra. They are adorable. They are dating.. I think..? I get up and Yawn. Gosh, These couches I slept in are so unconformable... I then Look back at Jesse as he starts moving around in his sleep. His Eyes then flutter open.

"Mornin' Jay!" I say, happily, but quietly.

"Hey Jess.." Jesse says, lazily.

"Wait a second... Doesn't Petra get out of the Hospital today?" I say as Jesse nods.

"Sadly, Not Reuben." Jesse says as I then nod. "Wait a second, I forgot. Petra had broken her Left leg when The car hit her, and I think she might need crutches."

"That sucks. Petra loves fighting and Running." I say as Jesse then gets up. Petra then starts moving in her sleep. Her eyes then open, revealing her dark, dark brown eyes, almost black!

"O-Oh... Hey Guys..." Petra says as I giggle.

"Hi, Petra!" I say.

"Guys! I'm trying to sleep here!" Reuben says, as he puts his covers over his face. I laugh as I look at the pink-headed male.

"Oh really? Its like, 11 P.M Right now." I say, showing my phone to Reuben. "Don't even ask about my background."

"Who's he?" Jesse asks as he points to my phone.

"A character from a Web Cartoon I really am Addicted to." I say as Petra gasps.

"Camp Camp?!" Petra says as she smiles.

"You know the Cartoon!" I say. I look at my background, and see one of my favorite characters, Max And David.

"Ha, Binge watched both of the seasons yesterday." I say.

"Wow." Jesse says. "You watched a show without me."

"I bet you'd hate it instantly." I say as Petra nods.

"Yeah!" Petra says.

~~~Time Skip~~~

Me and Jesse wait outside of the doctors office. After a while, Petra comes out of the Room. She looks the same, but has a huge cast on her left leg, touching nearly her knee, and she has crutches.

"Petra!" Jesse says as he walks up to Petra.

"I'm fine, Jesse. No need to worry. I just... Have to get use to these crutches." Petra says as she stumbles a bit, but Jesse catches her.

"And There you have it! Petra's knight in shining armor." I say.

"Ha-Ha. Very funny, Jess." Petra says as I giggle.

"I try my best." I smile. "Anyway, You guys go to the car. I've got to do something."

"Alright, Sis." Jesse says as I skip inside, going to Reuben's room. He couldn't really get out of the hospital. Not yet, though. When I entered the room, what I heard was terrifying. Reuben's heartbeat was going slower.

"REUBEN!" I yell as I drop my bag, and run up to Reuben.

"J-Jesse..." He says, weakly.

"No, No, No..... You are not dying!" I say as I hit the red button, and a Nurse walked in. She ran up to Reuben.

"Oh No!" The nurse says as she runs out and gets the doctor.

"Reuben!" The Doctor says, As he looks at Reuben.

"Miss. Ryder... We can't do anything to help him..." The Doctor says as I look at him, my eyes getting glossy.

"NO! YOU CAN'T LET HIM DIE! HES MY BEST FRIEND!" I yell as The Doctor looks at me, worried.

"I wish I could help him..." The Doctor says as I look at Reuben and Grasp his right hand.

"Reuben! No! You can't die! You can't leave me!" I say as I look as him, warm tears falling down my eyes. If I could only heal him somehow...

"Jesse... I Love you as a friend... Be strong for me..." Reuben says as I Shake my head quickly.

"DON'T SAY THAT!" I yell, but Reuben just weakly smiled.

"Bye, Jess..." Reuben says.

"Beeeepppppppp...." 

"NO! NO! NO! First my mom and dad... And now Reuben Locks... WHY WON'T ANYTHING GOOD HAPPEN TO ME?!" I yell as Reuben's body becomes cold. I look at him, with tears still going down my face.

"I'm so sorry, Jessica..." The doctor says as he looks at me. I get up and grab my purse. I smile weakly.

"At least he won't have to suffer from pain..." I say as I look down, wiping the tears with my arm. I then open the door, and walk out.

"Jess?!" Jesse says as he opens the car door, And Petra following.

"Why are you crying?!" Petra says. "I swear if its Reuben I will end his soul!"

"Reuben... Passed away..." I say as Petra and Jesse gasps. They then hug me as I cry In Jesse's shoulder.

"He died!" I say as Petra walks back to the car.

"We should.. Probably get... Back..." Petra says as She Manged to open the door. We get back to the car, Me sitting beside Petra in the back, And Jesse sitting in passenger seat. I Look out the window, and put in my headphones. A tear rolls down my cheek, but I quickly wipe it away. Petra's Mother then drops us off at our house.

"Thank you, Mrs. Anderson." Jesse says as Petra's Mother smiles and nods. She then drives away. Me and Jesse then enter the house.

"Hey, Wheres Olivia?" Jesse asks.

"I think she went to Axel's place for a bit." I answer as Jesse nods. I then walk into my room, and open my drawer. I take out a picture of Me and Reuben when We were small kids. I think... 7 years old? Yeah. I smile at the picture, as I put it on My bedside Drawer. I smile at the drawing, before picking it up. I then lay down, staring at the picture. Then My eyes in the picture... flashed white... they turned a soulless white... and Then more Flashes came... it was me... Killing... Reuben!?

I throw my Picture to the ground, breathing heavily. I lay down on my bed, breathing. After a while, I noticed I had cracked the picture! No! That was my only picture of Reuben! I pick up the picture, and start to glue everything together. It looked a bit wonky, but it looked good.

~~~

Hey Readers!

How are ya doing?

Anyway, Y'all can't judge me. I added a camp camp reference in here because I'm trash. 

Camp camp is a web cartoon, evoking around a small, 10 year old boy named Max. He has to go to a camp called Camp Campbell.

Even though the show looks really adorable and cute, It's not for kids whatsoever.

You could find Camp camp on YouTube.

Anyway, Bye readers! ^.^