XVIII

"Mummy wake up! Wake up!" The little familiar voice awoken Adele from her heavy sleep.

It was too late when she realized she's still naked under the sheets.

"Cuddle peanut!" Angelo almost flung the white duvet against her body, luckily Adele had a tight grip on it.

"Honey! No!" She said frantically.

"-mummy can't... I'm sick... Rome, can you please take peanut with you?" Adele side swept Angelo's bangs as he saw the child pouted his cherry lips.

"Can peanut have a kiss instead?"

"Of course darling, come here." Adele left small kisses on Angelo's cheeks before he stood up from the bed.

As soon as the boys were out of the room, Adele stood up and wrapped her body in a thick robe before she proceeded to the bathroom.

In good 20 minutes, Adele went out of the shower and began fixing herself.

"A month will surely pass like a bolt, I promise." Rome said behind Adele's ear before he kissed it.

"It better be or else I don't know." Adele slightly laughed before standing up from her vanity.

"It surely will. And Simon's here, he can help you everytime you need help especially to Angelo..." Adele almost forgot to breathe for a second of what she had heard.

She'll be in the most dangerous way when Simon's around.

"Uhm yeah, but I can handle everything. I am the Adele right?" She playfully raised her brows and smirked. He just chuckled in reply before he grabbed his visa from the bed.

...

"Bye daddy..." Angelo melancholy unwrapped his arms on Rome's neck before Adele loaded peanut on her hips.

"Remember peanut, just count 30 days and daddy will be back. That'll be short." The little boy just nod as he buried his small face on the crook of Adele's neck.

"I can't stand seeing you both like this..." Rome said caressing Adele's cheeks.

"Well we can't let you miss your flight baby... we'll be fine." Adele pecked Rome's lips before his plane was called out.

"Okay, I need to go. I love you both, always remember that okay?" Rome kissed Angelo's head as he kissed Adele's forehead.

"We love you too. Tell me as soon as you get there." Adele waved goodbye as Rome strolled away from his family.

Adele let out a deep sigh as she and peanut began to walk back to her car.

"I guess there's really nothing to worry about..." She said slipping her phone back to her pocket after she checked her inbox.

No sign of Simon. No dangerous things.

...

"Angelo, stop running around! The floor's still wet." Adele said after spritzing Lysol to the kitchen table's top.

"But Louie won't stop chasing me mumma! Look! Look!... Louie! Stop it! I'm tired you naughty dog!" Peanut said completely out of breath.

"You silly monkey, come here." Adele laughed as she carried peanut to the counter.

"Mumma? Can we go to the park? Louie and I want to play monkey bars. Please mumma..." Adele just smiled on how cute her baby boy is.

"You know Louie can't play monkey bars honey, he has short legs."

"Louie wants ice cream!" Angelo said excitedly.

"Is it really Louie or it's just you peanut?" She said beginning to tickles his sides.

"He whispered it to me awhile ago mumma!" He said in between his continuous laughs.

"Oh really huh? Cheeky monkey!" Adele showered Angelo with ticklish smooches before they got ready.

...

"Mumma watch me!" Angelo called Adele's attention as he began to slid down to the slide.

"That's my boy!" She said clapping her hands as she leashed Louie.

"Well you're still my girl..." Adele was instantly shot dead when she heard that deep raspy voice again.

"Look who's here... Better go away Satan." She said hiding the fact that she's getting nervous again.

"Satan? I like that Angel..." Simon placed his hand around Adele's waist it pull her closer to him.

"Like what the actual fuck is this Kone-"

"SWAMPYYYYY!" A shrilling voice quickly cut Adele off.

"Oh God..." Adele just held her forehead as Angelo jumped to Simon's arms.

"My favorite human!"  Simon said hugging Angelo so tight.

"Don't kill my son, or I'll choke you!" Adele saod completely irritated.

"Choke me? Isn't you who should be saying that Delly?" Simon said with a wide grin plastered on his face, which is purely stupid for Adele.

"I think you're not able Simon, stop playing cool." Adele said smirking as she took Angelo from him.

"Really? I didn't know some of your memories are still erased." She was now getting furious after the wink he sent her.

"That's not a good joke Simon." She said sternly.

"I'm sorry, I didn't mean that..." Simon said looking down.

"Mumma can uncle Simon join us for dinner?" Angelo said as he played on her necklace.

Simon was stopped seeing Adele still wearing the necklace he gave her years from now. Adele quickly hid the necklace under her shirt as she noticed Simon staring at it.

"No baby. I've got laundry to do." Adele said staring to walk away from Simon.

"But mummy..."

"It's alright champ, we can bond next time." Simon said quietly as he placed a kiss on Angelo's head.

Adele saw how Simon's eyes got watery.

"What is that for?" She questioned herself.

"Uncle Simon can come as long as he'll promise to help mummy..." Simon's face quickly enlighten as Adele just sent him a half smile.

Maybe Simon will stop being annoying if she'll let him be more closer to them, giving him what he wants for a short time. And through that she can easily talk to Simon to leave them in peace, besides he's a smart man. He'll understand that Adele and Rome are a thing and he shouldn't be ruining that anymore.

//slowly regaining myself. Sorry for the crap updates, I'm good at that 😂