IX

"Mumma, can we buy some chocolates too?" Angelo asked quite impatiently on his car seat.

"But darling, daddy just bought you a dozen last week. Unless you wanted to visit your dentist." Adele said seeing Angelo on the rear view mirror pouting his rosy lips and crossing his arms in front of his chest.

"Alright mummy..." He said letting out a little sigh.

"But we can make your favorite dish later for lunch." She said pulling her car on Target's driveway.

"Yey! I love you mummy!" Angelo lifted his little hands in the air and a bright smile was shown on his face.

Adele unbuckled her seat belt and went to Angelo's side. The two entered Target and started strolling around.

"Angelo, can you reach for that bottle baby?" She said biting her lower lip as she checked her list.

"Yes mummy." He said letting go of his mother's hand.

Couple of minutes have passed by when Adele noticed Peanut not being around. She scanned the surroundings but no trace of Angelo was found.

"Fuck." She mumbled under her breath as she phoned Liam.

"Hello Liam, please guard all the doors... No it's okay I can do it, just please make sure you keep an eye." She immediately dropped the call and began searching around the place.

"Angelo please... Where are you?" Adele said as the nerves began to kick in.

She went to and fro along the different sections, hoping her baby boy is safe and fine.

As she was about to call Liam again, her head instantly turned after she heard small giggles.

"Baby?" She mumbled to herself as she tried to follow where the voices are coming from.

"Stop it uncle Si!" Little Peanut's cackles echoed all through the place.

A big sigh of relief was released when her eyes met her son but her smile instantly got changed by a frown when she saw who's Peanut with.

"Simon?!" Adele said bewildered seeing her son carried by the man she hated the most.

"Uh-oh..." Simon said playfully enlarging his eyes to Angelo.

"Mummy! Look uncle Simon is here too!" He said as his mum walks towards to them.

"Where have you been baby? You know mumma can't live without her baby boy!" She said worriedly, carrying Angelo and kissing his forehead.

"...and we need to go home now baby." She added, making the scenario really awkward for the two adults.

"Mumma, can we invite uncle Simon for lunch?" The little boy asked with his hopes really high.

"I'm afraid uncle Simon has to run some errands today honey." Adele said placing Angelo on her hip, side sweeping his bangs. She tried to play it cool despite the fact of her being worried of what might happen again having Simon around.

"Is that true uncle SImon? We can't play?" Angelo pouted with his puppy eyes.

"I believe a lunch won't hurt really that much right Adele?" Simon said simpering at Adele who's face was now turning into a bright red tomato by the anger.

"But daddy's gonna visit later baby. Don't you want to play with him when we get home?" She said, avoiding any chances Simon and her be closer to one another again.

"I thought daddy's with nanny mumma?" The innocent child furrowed his eyebrows out of confusion.

"Ugh... Alright then..." She sighed as she accept the fact that she was defeated. If only she can say "no" to her little boy.

Adele proceeded to the counter and paid for the groceries. Liam quickly loaded the paper bags to her compartment and they went home afterwards.

...

"Let me help you-"

"No I'm fine. I can do this." Adele said grabbing the last paper bag from Simon's grip.

"I just wanted to-"

"Just shut the fuck up Simon. If it wasn't been for my son, I would have kicked you in your fucking balls... Oh I'm sorry I forgot. You don't have any of those, even a single tiny one." Her eyebrows raised as soon as a smirk was washed away from her face.

"Yeah? I thought you loved them?" Simon's face quickly got heated when Adele's heavy hand landed on it.

"You are in my fucking house so know where to place yourself asshole!" She stormed out of the way, obviously furious of her ex lover's slippery mouth.

"Hey I'm just kidding Del-" He was simply cut off when she raised her middle finger at him.

She was still the woman he loved before. The woman who is simply incredible and one of a kind.

"You can get use to this Simon. Don't let her slip away from your hands again..." a smile creep on his lips as he followed Adele inside the house, not mentioning how her bum looked more sexy now.

...

"Uncle Simon, can you play a piano?" Angelo said as he dragged Simon with him inside his mum's studio.

"A little bit, why champ?" He said slightly tousling his blonde-ginger hair.

"Let's play!" Angelo said pressing some buttons of the keyboard.

Simon watched the little boy as he studied the notes on a piece of music sheet in front of them.

"What song are you gonna play Peanut?" Simon asked as Angelo placed his little fingers on the keyboard.

"Mumma didn't tell me the title but she said it was her song for a friend before." Angelo shortly smiled at Simon before he began to hit the first note.

"Take your eyes off of me so I can leave... I'm far too ashamed to do it with you watching me..." Simon read the lyrics to himself as he tried to match it with the tune that Angelo was playing.

"This is never ending, we have been here before... But I can't stay this time cause I don't love you anymore..." Angelo was playing the keyboard a little too slow but Simon can pretty well understand everything.

This song isn't just for an ordinary friend...

Some lyrics was in a scribble form that Simon cannot cope up with the tune anymore. There are some random phrases everywhere that leads to one thing.

Lost love...

"There is so much space between us
Maybe we're already defeated..."

"Please don't fall apart... I can't face your breaking heart...I'm trying to be brave"

But what hit Simon the most are the following lines:

"We're not the only ones... I don't regret a thing..."

"You have given me something that I can't live without..."

"What was these words? What do Adele mean by this?" That was the questions that pounder on Simon's mind.

And in a quick snap, he remembered a moment awhile ago at Target.

"...You know mumma can't live without her baby boy..."

Truly Adele can't live without Angelo, but who's song is this meant for?

"If this is for me... Then Angelo is the one I have given to Adele?" Simon don't want to jump into conclusions too early, but the song made him think of it.