IV

"Babes!" Adele heard the most high pitched voice again inside her house.

"Laura! I fucking missed you bitch!" She said as she wiped her hands from washing the dishes.

"Its been ages donut!" Laura spread her arms wide to wrapped it around her best friend's body.

"You just came here last week, are you okay Lau?" Adele said as she rolled her eyes towards Laura who was now strutting around her kitchen.

"That was long Delly, we used to live on each other's house way back then right?"

"Aw, how I missed that so much Lau... Hey why don't you stay here for tonight?" Adele asked as she pull out the fresh baked muffins from the oven.

"As long as you're going to feed me with these heaven made stuffs..." Laura said as she reached for chocolate muffins.

"You cannot resist the little naughty monkey babe." Adele smirked as she removed her gloves and apron.

"Oh my gosh! My favorite nephew is here?" Laura exclaimed with her mouth full of goodies.

"Of course, he's my son. Angelo stays with me-"

"PEAAANUUUUUT! AUNTIE LAURA IS HEEERRRE!!!" Laura said in a very high singing tune while she searched around the place.

"This is not an opera house Laura Lee!" Adele complained as she covered her both ears with her hands.

A few seconds later they heard small giggles coming closer to them.

"Oh God..." Adele sighed. This is going to be a messy and noisy day again.

"AUNTSIEEE LAUUWAAAA!!!" Angelo's little feet began to make loud noises from the wooden stairs.

"You'll meet Angelo at the stairs or I'm going to break your neck if my baby boy fell from running?" She said as she faked a mad boss face.

"I'm on my way okay?" Her bestfriend playfully raised her brow and flipped her hair before she exited the kitchen.

Adele finished piping the muffins as she clearly heard her bestfriend and her son's contagious cackles from the living room.

Aside from Adele and Laura being the world's greatest tandem, there's Angelo, Laura's most energetic playmate.

"Mumma! Mumma! Look! Auntsie Lauwa and I made a fortress!" The little kid said as he pulled her mother with him.

"Nice Laura..." She said as soon as her eyes met the total mess around her living room.

Pillows and blankets are everywhere. Angelo's most torturing legos are scattered around the floor. Toys that are hanging everywhere made Adele's head pound.

Adele being an overprotective and germ freak mum sees these as a complete disaster. Knowing that she can't win over her kid and her best friend who acts like a younger child compared to his son.

Laura of course noticed the slight grimace that was plastered on her best friend's face. She then winked at peanut and the little man giggled before he pulled something from his back.

"Knight Angelo please present the fairing to our Queen Adele." Laura said in her deep, authoritarian voice as she faked a trumpet sound.

Adele tried her best not to laugh or even form a curve on her lips, but she failed. She was left in awe when his baby boy went to her and gave her bunch of flowers.

"For you highness..." Angelo bent his body and bowed down like a real royalty.

"Oh thank you my sweetheart! Where did you get this from?" She said as soon as she released his small body from a short warm embrace.

"Uh oh..." Angelo shifted his gaze towards his auntie who was now looking down to the floor.

"Dockrill?" Adele said in her deep natural voice, forcing Laura to look at her in the eyes.

"Mrs. Smith won't notice it babe..." She finally said after a long deep inhale.

"What?! You are crazy Lau! Mrs. Smith would be angry if she found out that you and Angelo picked flowers from her garden."

"No need to worry mum. I asked Mrs. Smith for these because the flowers reminds me of you... You are both beautiful." Angelo said as he picked one bud and tucked it on her mother's left ear.

"Aw, I love you sweety. Please don't grow up too fast." Adele said placing a kiss on his little nose.

"See? I did something good too!" Laura said cockily.

"Shut up Lau. You're the one who'll going to clean these later."

After hours of having a good quality of time, Angelo finally dozed to sleep.

"I'll just carry him to his room, I'll be back donut." Adele said as she rested his son's head on her shoulder.

Laura just nodded in reply as she began to clean the mess she first started.

As soon as Adele got the assurance that Angelo was already asleep, she remained on his side and started to wonder about the father of her son.

Yeah sure Angelo got almost all of her features but she can't deny the fact that her son got his traits from his dad. How he messily eat his food especially when he's hungry or in a hurry. How his small snores calms her at night and how thoughtful and sweet her little bundle of joy is.

Adele somehow feel guilty for raising Peanut with her own lies or selfish excuses. She withheld Angelo's right for being with his own real dad. She hid her little boy from the man who broke her heart. By this point of time, Adele felt she became a bad and self-centered mum to Peanut.

"I'm sorry baby, but mummy have her reasons. Your dad Simon cannot be with us..." She said tearing up as she stroked his hair.

"Simon's Angelo's father?" Chills immediately went up to her body as she heard Laura's voice.

No one knows about this secret, only her mother Penny and her boyfriend Rome.

"U-uhm... Lau..." She stuttered as she tried to explain but there were no words to save her.

"You better do a good explanation Adele on why on earth you did this and why you kept this to me. I thought you consider me as you sister?"

//I'm sorry for unpublishing this last night, but here you go x