XI

"Uncle Simon! Sit here please!" Angelo said pushing Simon's legs towards Adele's seat.

"Honey, don't you want uncle Simon to sit by your side?" She asked side sweeping Peanut's bangs. Her son was sitting across them with a wide small etched upon his little face.

The little boy just shook his head from left to right as he began to eat his food.

"Ugh." Adele sighed under her breath, feeling Simon's arm touched hers.

"I'm sorry." He whispered as he moved little away from her.

The awkward silence was broke when Angelo began to open his mouth.

"Mumma?" He asked putting down his spoon.

"Yes baby?"

"What's that?" Angelo pointed onto Adele's neck.

There was a fresh swollen hickey tattooed on her pale snow skin. The young mother was shamefaced as she pulled the edge of her shirt's neckline, trying to hide the little bruise from her questioning son.

"U-uhm..." Simon saw how her eyebrows scrunched as her tongue was like in a knot.

"-Mummy hit from something champ." He butted in, saving Adele from the tensions.

Adele almost jumped when Simon's hand landed on her thigh, giving it a little squeeze. She tried to remove his grip but her little son was too smart to notice what's happening around them.

"Mum?" He called the two adult's attention.

"Y-yes?" She responded, still pushing Simon's hand away from her legs.

Simon the naughty and mischievous one, find this as a great opportunity. With the kiss they've shared awhile ago, he has the assurance that Adele still love him. She might not tell the truth or show her feelings towards him, Simon's sure that in little time everything will go back to where or what it supposedly to be.

"Can uncle and I play?" Angelo asked, wiping the mess from his mouth.

"Yes honey, sure." She said finally freeing her thigh from his grip.

"Aren't you going to finish your food first Angelo?" Simon said faking a sad face towards Peanut.

"Go! You fucking bastard!" Adele whisper-yelled to him, enough for not to hear by the little kid in front of them.

"C'mon swampyyy!" Angelo leaped off from his chair and went to Simon's side, pulling his hand.

Simon jokingly rolled his eyes and immediately scooped Angelo, attacking him with tickles.

Adele released the air she was holding for the longest time as she stood up. She can't still believe that Angelo was getting attached to Simon that happened to be his real dad. She can't just let him interfere with her son's life as easy as he think it could be.

...

Hours have passed by and the evening came so quick. After cleaning all the bedrooms, Adele headed down to the couch and found Angelo sleeping with Simon. He protectively wrapped his arms around Peanut's little body and by this time, she can see the resemblance of her child and her ex boyfriend. This can't really deny the fact that Angelo is Simon's son, how they both snore in unison and how their mouths are ajar as they drool.

"Fuck!" Adele was cut off from her reveries when a thunder's sound rolled inside her house.

Thank God the two boys are heavy sleepers...

She was about to go upstairs to get some blanket when a deep raspy voice inaudibly called out her name.

"Delly..." His voice rang to her ears and it sent shivers to her body. Simon still has this weird effect on her.

Adele turned and saw Simon still sleeping. She was caught off guard when she found herself simply smiling.

"Stop Adele. You can't let him break your walls again." And in a snap, her past, ego and pride came in again.

Her smile quickly turned into a straight line, shrugging off the happy moments they both shared before.

Adele carefully went to the couch and carried Angelo. As mush as she can, she can't let Simon know the truth.

Adele laid down Angelo on her bed as she phoned Rome.

"Hi babe." She timidly said.

"Is there any problem babe?" He asked.

"Uhm Simon's here. He came to play with your son..." A clear sigh was heard from her.

"That was great-"

"And he can't go home because the rain's pouring too hard." Her eyes were staring blankly at the ceiling as her hands were glued on her waist.

"Just let Mr. Konecki stay till morning yeah?"

"Okay... What time are you going home?"

"Maybe before midnight babe, I'll just finish my paper works here so I don't have to carry them with me."

"I'll see you bye... I love you..." As Adele said those three words, Simon's face flashed on her mind.

"I love you more Adele." A single tear shed from her eye, she can't let her heart win again.

//cutting the chapters into 2 because there's too much drama lol