III

The two men finished discussing the project in Africa and London.

"Hope you understand why we need  to send you to Africa. The board have seen your impressive performance and I think you are the perfect leader for this project." Simon explained to Rome.

"Yes Simon, I well understand it. My family is somehow ready about this." Despite the half smile Rome flashed, Simon can still see the sad look upon his face. He's been there, leaving your love ones behind for work.

"Oh so you have a family? That's great!" Simon genuinely said.

"Yes. I have a girlfriend and a son we share together. If you want we can have a lunch or dinner some other time, for you to meet them." The mood sudden change when Rome uttered those words. He cannot wait to see his beloved girl and little man.

"Sure why not? I would love too!" Simon said as he sipped on his coffee.

"My only problem is Angelo, my son. He's not used of having me without by his side." Rome sighed as he tapped his fingers at the top of the marbled table.

"Poor little kid. But a month is sure fast and short, you'll be back before he even know it." Simon cannot help but to feel somehow envy of Rome's life. Well, who wouldn't be? Who needs million dollars and tons of properties if your hardwork is not mainly for someone who's special? How he wished he shared a wonderful and fruitful life too with the girl of his dreams, Adele. Maybe they got married now and had a beautiful child or even two or more, no one knows.

"Enough of your lucid dreams Simon..." He said to himself.

His reveries were interrupted when his phone rang.

"Excuse me for awhile..." Simon said as he stood up from his table, slightly stepping away.

"Yeah I'm already here... Okay, missed you too..."

"Sorry for the interruption." He said as he went back to his seat.

"No I don't mind at all, your wife?" Rome asked.

"Oh no, I'm still single, that was just my mum. She's overprotective over her 43 year old son." Simon said quite embarrassed as he chuckled.

"I'm sorry about that bruv." 

"No it's no harm. Anyway, how old is your son now?" Simon changed the topic for he got a little bit affected of what Rome have thought and said.

He almost had it all. 

"Peanut is about to turn 4 in the next succeeding months. He's a smart boy and got almost all of his looks from his mum, Ade-" Their conversation were cut off when Rome's phone beeped.

He instantly smiled as he saw where the message is from

My love 💖: I'm done with my recording babe, can't wait to see you x

"That must be your girl. Oh well, it's nice meeting you today Mr. Rome Hughes, I'll just see you then." They both stood up and shook each other's hand.

...

"Daddy!" Angelo instantly leaped to Rome's arms as soon as his father stepped inside the recording studio.

"Hey little monkey! Where's mum?" Rome asked as he wiped the sweat on Angelo's forehead.

"She's with uncle Jonathan... there!" His little finger pointed towards Adele and Jonathan's direction.

"Hi babe, hi Jonathan!" Rome said as he sat beside Adele and kissed her forehead.

"Why hello there." Adele said as she settled down her black macbook on the side table.

"I'll just get some drinks, anything you prefer Rome?" Jonathan asked giving the couple some alone time.

"Just water please, thank you." Rome shortly glanced at him and turned his face back to Adele.

"So how was the meeting?" Adele said as she soothed down Rome's hair.

"It went fine, I met the CEO of our company and had a little chat about our lives." He proudly said as his fingers roamed around her small face.

"It looks like you had a great time yeah?" She said as her eyes focused on his lips as she draw small circles on it.

"Yup. In fact he likes to have a lunch or dinner with us. I've told him about you and Angelo and he wants to meet the two of you babe, especially that little man over there." Rome said pointing his lips towards Peanut who was playing a keyboard.

"He got the love of music from you babe..." He added as they both watched their son hitting some notes on the keys.

"Well, he's lucky." Adele said proud not only for herself but mostly for her son. She did a great job for raising a beautiful smart human like Angelo.