VI

Pans were banging, the water from the faucet's overflowing and the whistling from the boilers were the only sounds that was heard in the kitchen. This place hasn't been like this before...

"Hey hey hey... calm down honey... it's just my boss..." Rome said as he enlaced his arms around Adele's waist.

"I-I don't know... I never felt so anxious with receiving guests like this before." She said as she slowly inhale and relax her self into his warm embrace.

"You don't have to be babe, everything will be alright. He'll like you, everyone loves you darling." Rome said softly like a sweet melody to her ears.

"Thank you very much Rome. I love you." Adele turned around and placed a short kiss on top of his lips.

Seconds later their lips are wanting for more, never wants to be separated.

The moment when their tongues are about to battle, a small familiar voice cut them off.

"Adults gross!" Peanut said as he covered his eyes with his two little hands.

"This is your fault..." She whispered to him as she removed his hands from her curvaceous body.

"It's not my fault why your lips tastes so good." He teased placing his hand just above her bum as they walk towards the little boy.

"Come here baby, give mummy a kiss." Adele said as she scooped peanut and placed him on her hips.

"No mumma! You just kissed daddy! Eeeww!" The little boy said faking a cute disgusted face.

"Oh you little cheeky monkey!" She said as she began to shower her baby boy with ticklish smooches.

...

Ding dong...

"Fuck..." Adele mumbled under her breath as the door bell sound rang all over her house.

"I'll get it babe." Rome said as he noticed the deadly tension she was holding for the longest time.

"...Del"

"Yeah?" She said as she put down the hair brush back to her vanity.

"You're so beautiful." He winked at her and gave the slightest smirk.

No words went out from her lips just her bright pink cheeks that spoke for her.

Right at this moment, she knows that Rome is already enough for her and for her son. He was there all this time, how could someone cannot love him back?

Minutes later, Angelo was already knocking nonstop on her bedroom's door.

"Mumma! Mumma! Daddy's boss is here! Come out pleaseeee!" Little Peanut said, obviously impatient.

"Alright, come on." She said as she opened the door and offered her hand to her boy.

Angelo grabbed her hand tightly and they walked down the stairs.

"She'll be here in a matter of seconds..." She heard him said clearly from the dining room.

"I bet she looks like your son Angelo..." A deep raspy familiar voice said.

Her eyebrows instantly furrowed at the moment she heard that familiar voice. She can't distinguish who's that from but she undoubtedly remember hearing that before.

Adele took the last step of the staircase and saw a man with a medium built body, several inches taller than her.

Her heart beats faster, but she couldn't infer the reason why. Is this just caused by the nerves or something she should be anxious of? And why she even act like this? Like there's something she should be intimidated of.

The questions on her mind finally ended when the man turned his back to face her. Her heart that was beating crazy earlier become dead and cold now.

Adele don't know what to feel, it's the mix of hate, bitterness, fear and guilt. She want someone to pinch her, she wants to wake up from this nightmare.

The moment their eyes met, she felt blazing fire around them. Her palms are sweating, beaded liquid on her temples are forming. The words that were kept for the longest time on her heart and mind cannot escape from her mouth. She wanted to burst, she wanted to slap him, but she can't. Instead, she just stood there with a frozen body and a lump on her throat.

She was angry against him right? But why can't she show him now? Why can't she express the loathing she feels towards him? Towards the man who broke her heart into million pieces.

"Babe?" Rome brought her back from her deep trance. Even though she's already aware of what was happening, she can't still accept the fact that he came back again to their lives. It's like living in your fears again.

"I-I'm sorry..." That was the only words she said before she quickly run to the bathroom.

As soon as she opened the door, her body instantly fell down and puked on the toilet bowl.

This feels like hell to Adele. Every pain she forced to heal was now coming back and now even worst. Her head was pounding out of excessive stress and dizziness.

"Adele? Are you okay?" Pair of hands instantly grabbed her hair away from her face. Rome's hand were running back and forth on her back as she gagged.

"I'm sorry..." She uttered as tears began to slip from her eyes.

"What happened Del?" Rome asked as he wiped Adele's face with a cold washed towelette.

"I feel sick..." She said as she throw up again for a couple of minutes.

After the agonizing vomiting, Adele finally has her back leaned against the tiled wall.

"Uhm babe?" Rome said distant from her.

"Mm?" She responded with her eyes still shut close.

He didn't talk back so she was forced to see for herself what was happening around.

She don't know what to feel right now. She felt like the world collapsed on her shoulders as she saw Rome staring at her pill box.

4 tablets were not taken in a row...

"Stupid." She called herself.

//wasn't good enough, I'm sorry x