XIV

"Are you okay babe?" Rome said as soon as he stepped out from his son's room. She was there leaning at the frame of the door with her arms crossed, watching Angelo peacefully sleeping.

"Just a little bit stressed, but I'm alright..." Adele responded after a short kiss from him.

"Come on." Rome said grabbing her hand, leading them to the couch.

"I'm sorry for making you miss your work today babe..." She said as she leaned her head against his chest, interlocking their fingers together. 

"Shh, I would not hesitantly do all these things for you and for Angelo, Delly..." He said bringing his hand to Adele's back, rubbing back and forth gently.

She's almost in the verge of calling Simon, but she knew this is not the right thing. Simon would just suspect more about her and Angelo being his son. 

"Why don't we just move in?" 

"W-what?" She was quickly pulled out from her thoughts, obviously shocked of Rome's blunt idea.

"You and Peanut can move to mine's babe." He said lifting her chin up, placing a kiss on the tip of her nose.

"I would definitely love to Rome, but I don't think we need to rush things..." She cupped his downhearted face and pecked his lips once. 

"I understand Delly, I'll wait for you even though it will take forever." A forced tight lip smile hid his doubts about Adele's love for him. But how could he not believe the woman he loved the most? How inconsiderate and selfish he is if he thinks she was not madly in love with him like the way he does to her.

"How 'bout dinner tonight? before you fly to U.S tomorrow." Adele said, simply flushing her guilt away.

"Isn't I that should ask that babe? Well, how could I say no to a lovely lady like you?" He laced his arms around her body, making her fall on his top.

"Babe... I'm getting dizzy!" Adele whined as Rome playfully showered her with smooches.

"You're pregnant?!" Rome reacted like a child who's given a toy.

"What the fuck Rome? Being dizzy doesn't mean we're having a child, my God babe!" Adele let out a fake cackle to destruct herself from being nervous. 

She can't be, there's no way... that was what she strongly believed in.

"Alright then." Rome let Adele to lay on his side as he grabbed a blanket to cover them.

"We still have 5 hours baby, sleep tight." He soothed her hair down, drifting her to sleep instantly.

...

"Babe! Come out of that shower now!" Adele said as she packed Angelo's backpack. The little boy just giggled as his father groaned.

"Honey, be a good boy while you stay at nanny's okay? Daddy and I will pick you up tomorrow before his flight." She combed his ginger blonde hair and fixed the collar of his shirt.

"Yes mumma!" His little arms wrapped around her neck and kissed his mother's cheeks.

"I think nanny's already downstairs." Adele offered her hand to Angelo and the boy gladly took it.

"Goodbye buddy!" Rome said as he went out from the bathroom.

"Thank God! You took years!" Adele butted in, faking scrunched eyebrows.

"Well, it took you decades tho..." He chuckled, playfully smacking her well rounded arse.

"Rome! Angelo's here!" She said through gritted teeth, instantly blushing by his sudden act.

"Mummy, daddy? Are you playing charades too?" Angelo said looking up to his parents who's face was in complete confusion.

"What do you mean Peanut?" Rome said half smiling, glancing at Adele who was biting her lower lip.

"Oh no honey... Nanny's waiting downstairs, she definitely missed you P." Adele quickly loaded Angelo to her hip and went out of the room.

It is not really safe having a toddler alongside...

//filler, obviously...