30

Lani

"Lexi, so much shit has been happening to me." I slouched taking a bite out my burger. "You'll get through it," Lexi said wiping my mouth making me smile.

"You're too nice to me." I felt a burning sensation go on in my cheeks making me smile even harder,

"Yeah, I know." We locked eyes with each other. "Give me a kiss." I leaned in feeling her lips land on mine and it was only a matter of time I realized I'm in the wrong.

"Lexi..." I leaned back in my seat rubbing my arm. "I'll see you tomorrow." Lexi said getting up from her seat and leaving.

What am I doing with my life? I have a whole girlfriend and I'm pretty sure I made things awkward between me and Lexi.

I called my mom to pick me up and boy was I happy to see her face. I'm not going to stress the situation because it was just a kiss.

"Ma, I'm tired." I yawned laying my head against the window.

"Baby I got some news for you." My mom looked at me waiting for the light to turn green.

"Wassup?

"We're moving!" She screamed in excitement adding jazz hands.

"Ma! What you mean we're moving?" My jaw dropped at the thought of me having to get used to a whole new background.

"I got a job in South Carolina!" She parked the car in the driveway then unbuckled her seatbelt.

"Congrats ma," I said sourly walking to my room stripping out of my clothes.

I just want a normal life. Go to school graduate, get married, buy a house then have children. Now I have to move away from my girlfriend and act like I'm happy about it.

Alex is requesting FaceTime

Slide to accept

I slid my finger across the screen looking at Alex's' pearly white teeth.

"Hey." I mumbled laying my head down on my pillow."Hey baby." Alex smiled running her fingers through her hair.

"I have bad news." I corrected myself adding a weak smile. "First open the  door." She hung up in my face."Ma can you open the door for Alex?" I yelled getting under my blanket.

"Wassup baby?" Alex leaned down kissing me softly. "My mom is moving us to South Carolina."

"No, absolutely not. You're almost done with school why can't you stay!?"

"It's not my choice." I shrugged."Getcha ass up." She hissed picking me up from my bed.

"Ma, Alex has something to tell you."

"Mrs. Garcia your daughter will be living with me. I refuse to let you take Lani away cause if you do the world will fall to pieces." I held onto the wall patiently waiting for them to finish talking.

"Alex, I appreciate the effort trying to keep her here but she's not ready to do things on her own."

"I told you it's not my choice." I sighed letting Alex carry me back to my room.

"Promise me you not gone talk to nobody else." Alex held out her picky as I locked mine with hers. "Promise." I pecked her lips cuddling into her. Why can't my life be like this 24/7?