22

{Lani}

I sighed packing my stuff getting ready to go home after the long exhausting day I've had. I got Alex to calm down so I'm not really worried about all that.

I turned around looking at Carmen quickly putting my stuff in my car. I honestly don't get what she wants from me, I don't like her the way she likes me.

"Hey." I smiled back tossing my bag over my shoulder. "I know I can't talk to you but here," Carmen said handing me a suede box wrapped with a gold string.

"Thanks," I said taking it from her and began to open it but she closed it before I could see.

"Don't open it until you get home." She smiled walking away. Every day my life gets weirder and weirder. Alex always leaves school early and it's so annoying because I'm by myself.

I have bad news the bad news is my plan with graduating early and going to California is no longer in motion. They found someone with a higher GPA than me but I'm not sad or anything like that. At least Alex gets to keep me for herself and we can graduate together.

I'm pretty bummed out because I worked really hard to get where I am today and as many times as I thought about giving up, I didn't. Now I can relax and do whatever I want, finish up the school year strong.

I'm embarrassed because people usually view me as a smart person, which is true but I had high expectations for myself. I guess this gives me more time to figure out what I really want in life, instead of going to school not knowing what I want to study.

Maybe there is a bright side to all of this.

Alex

Trip to the Bahamas? Of course, I can do that. I haven't been on a trip for a long time, so what's better than hanging out with my two favorite people in the world.

"Go open the door I don't feel like getting up." I changed the channel sending Trey away. "Who's that?" I sat up looking over the couch. "A psychotic killer," Lani said walking up the stairs.

"The only killer in this house is me because I be killing the—" "That's enough." She kissed me before plopping down next to me. "Princess, if you could go anywhere, where would you go?"

"Somewhere far, far away with just me and you." Lani turned her face looking at the tv. "I got a surprise for you." I kissed her forehead picking up the little envelope.

"So do I."

"Wassup?"

"I'm not going to California anymore." Lani sighed slouching in her seat. "I know how bad you wanted to go but what I got is better." I grinned taking her hand.

"And what's that?"

I slipped the envelope inside her hand as she looked at me. "Very suspicious." She chuckled slicing open the top of the envelope with her nail. She flipped through the pictures of sand and water, reading the last note. 'Welcome to the Bahamas.'

"We're going to the Bahamas— baby you didn't have to this for me."  She smiled ear to ear giving me a quick kiss.

"My job is to spoil you so that's what imma do." "When are we going?" Her eyes filled with excitement.

"Tomorrow morning which means you will not be going to school." I laid back down watching the rest of my show.

"Alex! You should've talked to me about this!" She growled putting her face in her hands

"Man, you're fucking ungrateful, I do everything and you can't say thank you. Can't even put school to the side for me, you don't have to go, I don't even care." I rolled my eyes changing the channel.

"I didn't say I wasn't gonna go you fucking dummy. Next time listen fore I slap the shit outta you." Lani pushed me by my head

I've been bitched yet again and I liked it.

"I'll be back later." Lani pulled my hair before leaving. Man wassup with me? It's like I can't even talk back to her but if it was someone else I would've said something in a heartbeat. Starting to think she runs this relationship.

Boom