3

Lani POV

I whimpered while walking to the bus stop, my Dad caught me this morning and beat the crap outta me.  He doesn't want me staying after school anymore. My head feels like someone is stepping on it and my cuts are starting to open up again. I let out a sigh of relief as Alex and her crew came to the stop. No, I'm not warming up to Alex or any of them. 

I walked over to them trying to mask my pain. "Can I talk to you?" I whispered with my head down.  Alex walked with me while holding my hand. I looked at the ground wondering how to form these words. "Sorry I walked off yesterday," I said weakly, I just want to cry.

The day is almost over and all I have left is tutoring. I fixed my sunglasses while waiting in the library, it's awfully cold today so I went crazy with my sweater.

"Wassup ma." Alex kissed my head before sitting next to me, I flinched trying to move my head. "You've had them glasses on all day, take em off." Alex tried sliding them off but I slapped her hand. "I'm going to take them off but don't say anything. I am begging you." I sighed deeply and took off my glasses. My dad gave me a black eye this morning because I came home late.

"Who did that?" She cracked her knuckles and rubbed her hands together. It was nothing but silence, I took out my notes and my textbook, Alex threw them across the room.

"My dad... he hit me." It's not anything new. "I'm lucky if I can go the whole day without getting hit but I guess time caught up to me." I joked looking down at my hands.

Alex flipped the table over and I flinched folding my hands in my lap.  "I'm gonna have to ask you two to leave." The librarian poked her head around.

I got up picking up my stuff and putting it in my bag. "Unbelievable." Alex threw her bag over her shoulder and held my hand.

"You're gonna sleepover my house." Alex walked beside me and I shook my head. "This isn't up for debate."

I smiled looking down at the floor, I watched as a smile crept on her face. We walked all the way to her house and it was pretty cool, she lives a few houses up from me.

"Welcome." Alex took her shoes off and so did I, her house was a little bit bigger than mine but you can't tell unless you really look

"Where's your bedroom?" I fiddled my fingers and she led me to a dark room, her light strips were set on red.

"Just get comfortable." 

I closed the door behind her and began to undress, I kept my boxers on and climbed in her bed. I don't know if I should take this as a nice jester or something but I'm trusting my gut right now.

"Here." Alex came back with food for me and her. The main reason why I'm so skinny is cause I don't eat like I'm supposed to.

"Thank you."

I sat up letting the blanket fall off me. "Stand up real quick." I put my foot down and did as I was told. I get hit for the smallest things, if I didn't turn off the tv I'd get hit.

"Man say something! Stop letting them hit you! You're just a kid." Alex yelled at me, seems like she hates when other people hit me.

"Why does it matter?" If anything me getting beat should be the last thing on her mind." "It matters cause you're just a kid! You don't deserve that!"

"You do the same thing! Don't act like you're any different! The only person who's been nice to me is Niah!" "She's nice cause she wants to fuck you! That's it, she thinks you're easy!"

I watched as Alex sighed before crossing her arms. "Then why are you nice to me? Why are you so worried about what happens to me?"

"Doesn't matter."

"Then I'm leaving." I said plainly as I picked up my clothes from the floor." "I'm nice to you cause I like you, you starting to grow on me." Alex grabbed my arm pulling me into her

Really hope she's not catching feelings for me because that is just a big no. It's a no for so many reasons.

Alex

Ever since I said what I said, Lani hasn't made one move. The only thing she did was put our plates in the sink other than that it's nothing but silence. I sighed putting my hand on her thigh.

"What do you think you're doing?" Lani asked moving my head into my lap. "Just trying to kill time," I mumbled. "Tell me about yourself." That was the only thing I could think of, I just need a small conversation.

"My full name is Lani Isabella Garcia. My birthday is on June 23. My favorite color is yellow and I have two siblings. Don't laugh but I enjoy walks on the beach." Lani turned on her side looking at me.

"Walks on the beach? Cringe." I said scrunching up my face. "My full name is Alexandria Noa Fernandez. My birthday is on August 24. My favorite color is blue. I like watching movies."

"You seen Scarface?" Lani asked while playing in my hair. "Seen it like 5 times." I came closer to her and she smiled.

I don't know if she likes me too but I'll do anything just to make sure shorty is mine. Niah just wants to run game on her but I actually like Lani. She's kind and warm-hearted, her smile is the most beautiful thing I've ever seen.

"You're not that ugly." Lani chuckled showing me her pearly white teeth.

I feel bad for picking on her while she has problems at home, she's covered in bruises all over her body. They're not even healed properly, gashes and red handprints that look recent.

"Goodnight." Lani smiled kissing my cheek. I grinned cuddling into her, we laid down in spoon position. "Personal space buddy," Lani whispered scooting away from me

The most we could do was hold hands throughout the night and it was the best thing I've ever experienced. I'm not serious when it comes to relationships because bitches ain't shit. There's something different with Lani, her personality really catches me because it's different.

Wednesday morning

I'm actually upset cause Lani left this morning which is a pretty shitty move. I was the first one at the bus stop this morning and waited for her little ugly ass.

"I left so I wouldn't get in trouble, listen if I didn't come home my parents would've beat me." Lani came up to me and reached for my hands.

"You got lucky," I said watching a smile come on her face. I'm feeling bold for some reason so I'm boutta slide on shorty. "Gimme a kiss," I smirked as she got on her tippy toes and kissed me.

We just playing around with each other for the time being but that's my shorty, she just doesn't know it yet.

Boom