9

Alex

I can't believe I'm apologizing for missing some stupid first date. Before Y'all say anything this whole thing was my idea, I want to surprise shorty with flowers and dinner.

"Alex!"

"What?" I took plates out of the cabinet and put them on the table. "Come here." Lani's soft voice played throughout the house.

"Yes, baby." I sighed before sitting on the bed."Gimmie kiss." Lani said sitting up on her knees and pecked my lips

"Wassup with you?" I smiled before kissing her again. She has this face that she does after we kiss and it's so sexy.

"I just wanted a kiss since you're doing whatever in the kitchen." Lani wrapped her arms around my neck and smiled at me.

She let go of me and laid back down. I'm convinced she has a thing for wearing my clothes because every night she has a different one of my shirts.

"Do you wear anything under this?" I asked tugging on the bottom of her shirt watching her legs close.

"Sometimes but not all the time." She rubbed her legs together and raised her knee.

"What you got underneath right now?" I stood at the edge of the bed and played with her feet.

"Go ahead and look." She winked at me for reassurance. "Daddy missed you." I licked my lips before running my thumb lightly over her clit.

"Stop being nasty." Lani cheesed slapping my hand away. "But you like when I'm nasty." I sighed pulling her shirt down. "You're right I do." She broke eye contact with me and looked over at the tv.

"I got a surprise for you."

"How nice of you." She sat up wiping the fog off her glasses while scooting towards then end of the bed.

"Yeah, but you gotta wait here ." I scratched my head. I closed the bedroom and ran to the kitchen putting food on our plates, filling the cups with water making sure not to spill it. I tossed rose petals on the floor and in the hallway, especially around the table.

"I'm to hood for all this." I sighed putting candles around the table and lighting them.

"You're about to be amazed." I smiled carrying her making sure she closed her eyes. I took my hands off her eyes letting her take everything in. "Alex." Lani gasped.

Carmen POV

"No! The tables go over there in the middle and the tables for food against the wall." Planning for this party hasn't been the easiest but it's coming together.

"Look at our little party planner," Niah said coming through the front door and behind her was Scarlett. "You're gonna go bald stressing yourself out like this." Scarlett kissed my cheek and sat down at the chairs lined up against the wall.

"Once they're done with the tables put 5 chairs at each one," I said kindly showing off my smile.

"Can't say no to you," Scarlett mumbled picking up a chair. "But there's a lot you could say to me." I winked before going into the supply closet.

"Stop being nasty?" Niah chimed in

Nothing can go wrong tomorrow night and when I say nothing I really mean it.

"You're cute when you're tired," Scarlett said catching me off guard. "I'm even cuter when I'm sleeping." I'm not sure if Scarlett is just playing with me or what.

"I'd have to see for myself." She put her arm against the wall and looked at me. "It might happen." I smiled slipping my phone in my pocket.

"We might get this done if y'all would stop being weird," Niah said sitting down in one of the chairs.

"Stop distracting me and go help." I took a box out filled with chair decorations.

"Let's hang out." Scarlett took the box from me and gave it to Niah

"Tomorrow night after the party, me and you." I took another box and opened it. "What you wanna do?" She took decorations and put them on the chair accordingly.

"Surprise me." I sat down watching them finish up with the chairs.

"Ridiculous." Niah always hating on someone and it's so funny. She ain't got a girlfriend and that's okay because I don't either.

"They'll finish everything else other than that get some shut-eye." I got up putting my jacket on.

"See you tomorrow." They said in sync and kissed my cheeks on opposite sides.

"Y'all are a mess." I smiled walking down the stairs to the exit and going outside.

"Oh dang Niah could you be a dear and get my keys," I asked giving her a toothy grin while she turned around.

"Carmen, you really cute, you know dat?" Scarlett said getting in my face.

Her height was always something I hated because she made me feel so small and tiny. Being 5'5 and standing next to someone who's 5'8 puts pain on your neck when you gotta look at them.

"Scarlett, what's up with you?"

"Just admiring my best friend. I can't do that?" Scarlett stroked my bottom lip with her thumb. "You can just don't be acting like you tryna do more than that."

"Maybe I am, maybe I want my best friend to be more than that." She smiled.

I stared at her trying not to laughing. I know damn well she's not trying to spit game with me. My dumb self wants to fall for it.

"Scarlett you are at-." She kissed me and it took me a couple of seconds to debate if I want to kiss back or not.

"What a show." Niah pushed my keys against my chest.

Definition of awkward. The main reason why I don't hang out with my friends because they always do something weird.

Can this drive home be nice and short?

Alex finally putting her big girl draws on and making up for the date🎊

Wassup with Scarlett?

Ooo Carmen is being the real MVP

Catch me on the flip side 💛🤷🏽‍♀️

Tough LoveOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara