2

Alex POV

During my introduction to the whole class, I noticed something. Lani is sitting on somebody's lap.  I don't care it's just that I don't want to miss my target and hurt someone else that. "Why are y'all so weird?" I pulled Lani by the back of her shirt and tossed her on the ground.

That was a little rough.

She dusted herself off and sat back down on them. If you gonna sit on someone sit on me, I mean sit on the floor. Lani sighed as Lexi kissed her and I don't like it, not like I care or anything. "Ight bet." I rolled my eyes and took a seat in the back.

I saw Niah and her on the bus being all weird with each other. If Niah tryna get with that she's gonna have to wait.

There's no problem if they date I'm just saying I would have to date Lani first, but I have no interest in her whatsoever.

I never pay attention in school, my grades have been low ever since freshmen year. My principal always says I'm gonna get a tutor but they never show up.

"Alex Fernandez please report to the main office." This stupid ass intercom is in love with my name. I got up heading to the office and cracked my knuckles. "What y'all want this time?" I sat down and leaned back in my chair.

"I found someone who can't say no to helping someone. You finally have a tutor this year." My principle deserves to be punched.

"Who?" I put my feet up on her desk.

"Lani Garcia." She said adding jazz hands to it. "You guys start today after school." I got up and left slamming her door.

There's no way I'm gonna let her tutor me.

Lani POV

It's time to go home and I'm fully aware that I have to tutor Alex. I couldn't say no because well I don't know, the words just couldn't come out my mouth.  "You ready babe?" Alex wrapped her arm around me.

"I'm not your babe, or your girlfriend or anything else. You're just someone who picks on me for the fun of it." I pushed her arm off me and pushed her into the school library

"Hey, I don't want you to tutor me either. But  if it gives me a better chance to beat you then I'll take what I can get." Alex hit me on my head with her knuckles. "Let's get started." I grabbed my math book and opened to the beginners' page. Alex brought me closer to her and I mentally cried.

"You're so smart! What don't you understand?" I grinned ear to ear packing up my stuff. "I don't know, the word smart is just ugly to me." Alex stood up putting her notes in her bag.

"Being smart is good! You're like a light bulb that keeps going off." I held her face, standing on my tippy toes. She looked at me licking her lips, I quickly let go before she could start something.

"I- I will see you tomorrow." I threw my bag over my shoulder going to the front doors. "We can walk home together if you want." Alex walked beside me as I nodded my head.

I wouldn't mind some company. "Why you all the way over there?" Alex pulled me next to her and I chuckled. "Don't try to act nice to me cause by tomorrow you'll be pushing me around."

"At least you know." Alex cheesed. "Goodbye," I mumbled, you can take a horse to water but you can't make it drink. The walk home was quiet, I avoided a great beating from both my parents but not for long.

I have other siblings but they were different from me. Over time they grew up and I was just there, I would get beat constantly and I'd always be covered in bruises.

Alex is just playing around with me and I'm gonna need it to stop. I don't want to get closer to her because she's just gonna hurt me. I'm not ready to get close to anybody yet.

Boom