Chapter 38

Carlos and I were walking around Auradon Beach together.

"Can you believe in one week, this is where we'll be married" I say grabbing his hand. Carlos smiles at me making me blush. "Why did you make me tell that story" he asks me. "Because when you tell it you're always blushing and its adorable" I say laughing.

"Do you think we're ready to do this?" I ask him. "Ready to do what?" he says confused. "Are we ready to get married?" "I'm ready for anything, as long as its with you" he answers.

I look up at him and give him a soft smile which he does in return.

He lifts my chin up and lowers down kissing me. I wrap my arms around him as he grabs my waist pulling me closer to him. As I pull away I giggle and lean my head into his chest while we stare at the sunset.

"Evie" I hear Carlos say. "Yes" I reply quietly. "Have I ever told you I love you" he asks. "Like 100 times, yes" I respond. "Make this 101 times, I love you Evie" he says.

"I love you too"

As I get back to my room, Carlos kisses my cheek saying goodbye to me.

I walk in the room and sit on my bed sighing dreamily. "Um E, you ok?" Mal asks. I jump up and hug Mal. "Oh everything is just wonderful" I say twirling her. Mal gives me a fake laugh and says "Ok somebody is really happy."

That night I listened to so many love songs whether they were upbeat or slow.

I listened to Love Me Like You Do, Starving, Touch, Squeeze, Bad Things, Ins and Outs, and Closer. "EVIE GO TO SLEEP" Mal shouts as the last song finishes. "Ok ok I'll go to sleep now" I say to Mal as in get in the bed.

Evie's Dream

I'm sitting in my room in my wedding dress waiting for Mal to come get me.

Mal comes running in with a scared look in her face. "What's wrong" I ask her. "Evie I don't know how to tell you this" Mal says with a tear rolling down her face. "What happened" I asked worried.

"Carlos isn't coming. He never loved you and he's marrying Jane tomorrow" she says.

"What" I say as tears are pouring down my face. I run out the room crying and bump into someone. I look to see Carlos and Jane. They look at me and start laughing. "Why would I ever love you" Carlos says rudely. "Nice wedding dress, but you can give it to me since it'll be MY wedding now" Jane says chuckling.

"I HATE YOU CARLOS DE VIL" I shout. He laughs and says "At least the feeling is mutual cause I hated you too."

"NOOOO" I scream as I wake up and realize it was only a dream.

"Evie are you ok" Mal asks sitting up quickly. "Yeah, I just had a terrible nightmare that Carlos was marrying Jane instead of me" I answer breathing heavily.

"Oh E, Carlos loves you. He'll never do that" she says comforting me.

"You're right" I say with a smile. "Goodnight Mal" I say laying back down. "I never said this you blueberry but you know I love you right" Mal says. I laugh at her and respond saying "Woah, Mal saying she loves me. Just kidding. I love you too Mal." Finally I'm able to drift off to sleep.