Chapter 12

Evie P.O.V

As I'm laying on the bed I hear somebody come in. I sit up and see Mal.

"Mal I need a love spell" I blurt out. Mal looks at me weird then bursts out laughing. "Um, what's so funny" I ask clueless. "Love spells only work when the person doesn't already love you and I'm pretty sure Carlos loves you" she says in between laughs. "Then why is he with Jane?" I question her.

"I don't think I can say" Mal says slowly.

"Fine, I won't spell him" I say feeling defeated. "Aye blueberry" I hear Mal say. "I just wanna make sure you're ok. You know Carlos didn't mean any of that. Trust me Evie, he loves you more than anybody else in the world" she says smiling. "M I don't think so" I say looking down at the ground. "If he really loves Jane then fine. I'll leave him alone because I care about his happiness more than mine." 'Omg, did I just say that' I think to myself.

"That was really nice Evie"

Me and Mal look at the door to see who just spoke.

"Doug" I say standing up

"Doug I can explain" I exclaim while walking towards him. "Don't bother" he begins, "I heard everything." I look away from him feeling too guilty to face him. "Evie if you loved Carlos this whole time then why were you with me anyway" he says heartbroken.

"Doug can you please forgive me" I ask. Doug sighs and answers "Yea I forgive you...but I think its best if we stay just friends."

"I think you're right" I say frowning.

Doug gives me a hug and says "I'll never forget you Evie." "And I'll never forget you Doug" I say hugging him back. And right after that, I watch him leave as I close the door.

"Wow" I hear Mal say. "He's a good person." "Yes he is" I respond.

"Mal I'm gonna head to bed" I say yawning. "Ok, there's just one thing I need to take care of" she says cheesing. I watch Mal step in the hallway as I make my way into the bathroom.

Mal's P.O.V

I quickly dial Jay's number hoping he picks up.

J- What

M- Hello to you too

J- Make this quick, I was about to go to bed

M- Carlos loves Evie and...

J- And Evie loves Carlos. Yes I know already

M- Jane won't let Carlos be with her though cuz she has dirt on E

J- Oh no its not about that thing is it

M- Yes it is

J- How did she find out?

M- That's not important. The important thing is to get Evie and Carlos together. Will you help me?

J- I'm in

M- Wicked!

And with that I hang up the phone. "Oh this is gonna be perfect" I say out loud.