Chapter 15

Carlos P.O.V

As I'm sitting in my room I hear someone come up to me. I sit up to see Dude. "Hey Dude" I say dryly.

"Hey Buddy, why so sad?" He asked. "I let her down" I answered. "Who?" he said quickly. "Evie" I said looking up at the ceiling.

"Oh, I heard about what happened" he said quietly.

"I vowed to protect her. I failed" I said sitting up. Suddenly I hear somebody come in my room.

"Carlos!"

I look to see Mal. "Hi Mal" I say with no emotion. "Its not just me here" she says. I look and see somebody standing behind her. "Mal, who's that there behind you" I ask trying to look at the person. Mal steps aside and it is revealed that a certain blue haired girl decided to come along with Mal.

"Hi Evie" I say not facing her.

Evie's P.O.V

I walk over to his bed and sit next to him as Mal and Dude watch from the other side of the room.

"Carlos is this true" I ask.

"Is what true" he says. I take a deep breath and say "That you think you can't make me happy or protect me. And don't lie, Mal told me everything" Carlos looks down at the ground and responds saying "yes"

I sigh as I realize how sad he is. "That could never happen Carlos why would you think that?" "Evie, did you not see what just happened out there. I let you down and that's exactly why you deserve better than me." He says standing up. "Carlos, you've protected me in ways you don't even know" I say hoping to change his mind. "When?" he ask.

"Back on the Isle. You saved me when I was trapped in your mother's closet. Not Mal. Not Jay. You Carlos. If it wasn't for you Carlos I'd be dead. Isn't that worth more than anything else?"

After saying this Carlos turns back around to face me.

"If you really want me to be happy Carlos, then I need you in my life." I watch as a smile appears on Carlos face finding comfort in what I just said. "You really mean that?" He asks.

I grab his hand and intertwine our fingers. "Of course I do" I say smiling.

Carlos sighs and says "Ok Evie. I think I'm ready to give us a chance." "I think you're right" I respond. For a moment its silent and we both look into each others eyes with our faces inches apart from each other.

"See, this is the part where you two kiss"

"MAL!" Carlos and I both shout at the same time. "Just tryna help" Mal says putting her hands up in the air.

"Evie will you be my girlfriend?" he asks while blushing. I smile then I grab his face and softly kiss him. Breaking apart I say cheesing "Does that answer your question"

"FINALLY"

"MAL" Carlos and I both say again. The three of us just laugh. All is as it should be.