Chapter 36

"Jane get out my room" Carlos says pointing at the door.

"Guys, just hear her out" Jay says. "Fine, but we're only doing it because you said so and not because we care for what she has to say" I answer.

"Carlos and Evie, I'm so sorry for everything. I was so caught up in having my first boyfriend that I wanted to do everything I could to keep him. I was wrong to try and ruin  young love. I'll never bother you again. Can you forgive me, and maybe we can be friends again?" she says with a slight smile.

I pull Carlos aside to talk to him. "How do we know she's not lying?" I whisper. "I don't know Evie, she seems sincere" he replies. "Oh we'll see about that" I respond.

I look at Jane. "Hold on" I say to her while stepping outside. I grab my phone and immediately dial Mal's number. She picks up after the third ring.

M- What!?

E- I need your help

M- With...

E- Jane came to apologize to Carlos and I but I don't know whether she is lying or not. Can you you use her magic to read her mind.

M- Why me?

E- Because you're the only one with those kind of powers!

M- Alright. Where are you guys at

E- Carlos' and Jay's dorm.

M- I'll be there in 2 minutes

E- Thanks M!

I hang up the phone and walk back in to see Jane pacing back and forth. "What's up with her?" I ask Carlos. "How am I supposed to know" he answers shaking his head.

"Jane, calm down" I say to her making her jump. "Sorry, I pace when I'm nervous" she says with her voice shaking. I laugh and whisper to Carlos "Now that sounds like the Jane we know." "You can say that again" he responds.

Right after that, Mal comes walking in. She walks up to Jane eyeing her up and down. "Please take a seat" she says to her pointing at the chair.

Jane anxiously sits down. "Close your eyes" Mal says to her. We watch as Jane does what she is told. "I need full concentration" Mal says closing her eyes. We watch her as she read what's in Jane's head. A few seconds later when she's finally done with the spell, she pulls Jay, Carlos and I aside.

Mal takes a deep breath and says "She's telling the truth. She really is ashamed for what she did." We look at Jane and see her still sitting in the chair with her eyes closed.

"Jane" I call out to her causing her to stand up and open her eyes. I walk up to her and sigh. "I forgive you" I say with a smile. Jane squeals and then hugs me tightly. "You won't regret it" she says.