Chapter 3

Evie P.O.V

I wake up to the sight of Mal 2 feet away from my face.

"AHHHH" I scream as I fall out of bed. I look up and see Mal laughing. "Ok, that was some wicked fun" she says as she puts her shoes on. I stand up and grab some clothes and head to the bathroom to shower and get dress.

When I come out I see Mal laying on my bed. "So E, are you gonna tell me why you're so mad at Carlos"

"How do you know about that?" I respond with my eyes growing wide. She just laughs and says "Evie you know Jay tells me everything." I roll my eyes. Great, that means Carlos must've told Jay that I got upset.

"Let's just say, I don't like the idea of Carlos and Jane together, she's not right for him." I say grabbing my books and purse for school. "Oh my gosh E, you're jealous" Mal says to me.

"Am not" I say defensively.

Mal snickers and looks out the window and says "so if you saw Jane and Carlos kissing right now you wouldn't be jealous."

"WHAT!" I say while walking to the window and standing next to Mal.

As I look out the window I see one of the most horrifying things ever. Even worse than socks with sandals. Suddenly I start stomping away leaving the room. "E...Evie...wait" I can hear Mal calling me but I don't answer. Right now is not the time.

When I got to class I was the first one there so I just started doodling in my journal. When I finished that's when I realized I drew a picture of Carlos. I just stare at the picture with a smile until I hear someone

"Hey" they say snapping me out of my trance. I look up to see Carlos and Jane which makes me slam my book closed really quick.

"Oh hi." I say blankly.

"OMG Evie I really love your hair today it looks so nice" I look at Jane then stand up and say "so are you telling me my hair only looks good today because if that's the case I can easily have Mal change your hair back to that UGLY OLD MOP"

I look at Jane and see the hurt in her face. Yikes that was kinda harsh. I shouldn't take my anger out on her like that.

Before I know it class has begun but all I'm focusing on is Carlos and Jane over there giggling like they love each other sooooo much. "EVIE" I jump as I realize Doug was tryna get my attention. "Oh Doug, sorry I didn't hear you" I say to him.

"Why were you  staring at Carlos and Jane like you hate them" he says to me.

"I was not" I denied while focusing on the teacher.

Hours later classes were finally done and now as I got back to my room, I saw the one person in there with Mal that I did not want to see.