STEP TWELVE: This Is Possibly The Most Annoying Thing To Happen To Any Writer

Am I using clickbait in my titles? Umm no. Maybe.

Anyway, what is possibly the most annoying thing to happen to any writer I hear you cry? Writer's block. It sucks. But after five years of suffering this ailment on and off, I have discovered some very easy tips to unblock yourself.

1. Take a break. Sounds easy, doesn't it? But taking a complete break from writing and from your story can actually be the easiest way to get rid of writer's block. You can never force writing, and instead of sitting for hours in front of your computer at a blank page, walk away and binge watch YouTube videos until your mind is completely away from your story. Come back when you feel like you're refreshed and ready to write again.

2. Play music. Music always helps images come to mind for me, so playing atmospheric music may jolt your imagination into working again. Close your eyes and simply just listen to the music.

3. Sleep. Sometimes your brain will unblock itself through the medium of dreams. More than once I've solved my writer's block due to a dream I've had about the story.

4. Re-read everything you've written so far. This will get your brain back into the swing of writing, and maybe help you think of how to move the story forwards. You need to really reignite the passion you have for your work.

5. Write anything. Whether it be one sentence, or a whole page, just write. You can always delete pieces later and edit, but stop being so concerned about what goes on the page. The more you write, the more you will find that your imagination grows.