Chapter Twenty-Six:

Start from the beginning

"Answer the question Katara."'

"I lost it back at the prison."

"What prison?" I furrowed my brows.

"The earthbending prison."

"You lost it all that time ago?! You lied?!"

"I didn't mean to Ruka. I just knew how much it means to you!"

"How much it means to us! And what's with you stealing now? You know Aang has to be on the low. Especially how Zuko is intensively on your guys' tail."

Katara stayed quiet and I sighed. I closed my eyes for a brief second which resulted into me falling asleep.

"Katara, where's mom's necklace?" I asked worriedly when I saw that it wasn't around her neck.

Her fingerprints touched where it usually was and she cleared her throat. "I've been keeping it in my bag."

"Since when?" I furrowed my brows.

"Since I've been paranoid about losing it." She shrugged.

"Well if your so scared about losing it, I'll wear it."

"No! I mean, um, it's just better if it's kept in my bag for now."

"Why won't you let me wear it?" I crossed my arms. "I know she gave it to you or whatever but if you're not going to wear it, why have it?"

Katara rolled her eyes, "Just let it go Ruka."

"Ruka!"

I shot my eyes opened and looked around. It was morning and when I looked over my shoulder, I could slightly see the side of Iroh.

"Aang, this is all my fault." Katara said sadly.

"No, Katara. It isn't." I heard Aang reply. I frowned, they found them.

"Yeah, it kind of is." Iroh and I said at the same time.

"Give me the boy."

"You give us the scroll."

"You're really going to hand over the Avatar for a stupid piece of parchment?!" Sokka's voice got high and I smiled at that. I also know what he's trying to do.

"Don't listen to him! He's trying to turn us against each other!" Zuko said.

"Your friend is the Avatar?" The captain asked.

"Sure is! And I'll bet he'll fetch a lot more on the black market than that fancy scroll!"

"Shut your mouth you Water Tribe peasant!"

"Yeah, Sokka. You really should shut your mouth." Aang said with a worried tone in his voice.

"No, no. He's right! You won't even think of that fancy shmancy scroll of yours if you've got Aang!" I raised my voice loud enough so they could hear me.