Chapter 98

Dave

"If guys don't start getting the center pieces together, I swear to god the father to be is going to flip his lid"

I walked in on Lisa directing the decorators as they rushed to get the tables together.

"I'm not flipping shit" I said causing Lisa to jump.

"Scared me" she shook her head.

"Why you not out with your cousin getting pampered ?"

"As the Godmother I need to oversea all of this and hope that nothing gets crazy"

"But I got this"

"What you need is a hair cut"

"Don't worry, my boy stopping by the crib to do that"

"I don't want to be waiting for you or Jay"

"Lisa go get your hair done" I joked.

"You need to get out my way"

"Seems like you gonna flip your shit"

"I might"

"Is the dessert/candy bar being set up?"

"Yes..."

"Caterers?"

"Food will be here in the next two hours, in the meantime everything for the food will be set up now" Lisa looked around.

"You did a great job Lisa" I laughed.

"Thank you, I'll be expecting my check by the end of the night" she laughed.

"Yeah iigh, ask Bully about your money" I shook my head laughing.

"Whatever, you need to go get a hair cut and get dressed"

"What about you?"

"I'm gonna be fine, don't worry about me!" she shoved me towards the exit.

***

I sat in the middle of my empty old apartment as my barber finished lining me up, I heard the door open and heard what I assume was crying. My barber stopped realizing he heard the same thing I did.

"Hol up" I got up, to go see who came through the door.

Walking towards the front door, I saw an upset Jay looking like she had lost something dear to her.

"Mama what happened?" I looked at her crying, messing up her makeup.

"Yo she good?" my barber came to see what's up.

She kept crying and I had no idea what was going on.

"Baby, you gotta talk to me, what happened?"

"I - I don't look nice I look like a fucking whale" she continued to cry.

I looked back at my barber, and he smirked and turned to go back to where we were. I looked down at her and didn't even know what to say.

"Babe, you look fine, you don't look like nothing but a beautiful mother to be" I rubbed her belly.

"No I don't I look crazy, my hair looks like trash"

"Boo, stop okay. You look good, and you're ruining your makeup crying and shit" I kissed her forehead.

"I just, I can't" she started again.