Chapter 15

"I love when you pulling up in your jeep
Bumpin' all your beats
J's on, with your shades on
Just to bring me something to eat
You the man up in these streets
But when it comes to my heart
That don't mean a thing no"

It Wont Stop -Sevyn Streeter

Dave

I haven't heard back from Janae all weekend, no text message or calls. All my message went read but un-answered. Had I not had to be working on my project, I would have showed up at her crib. I didn't have time for all that.

Now I sat in New York traffic at 6 am trying to rush  to Jay's crib and catch her before she heads to work. This was some wild shit for me to be up at the crack doing this bullshit. But something was off, way off and I felt it.

As I pulled up to her crib, at about 7 on the dot, I waited double parked. I wasn't directly parked in front of her crib but near by, where I could see the door. In about 20 minutes, the door was opened and a small frame woman walked out with Janae behind her. They both chatted and smiled at each other.

I assumed this had to be Jay's mother, her mother walked over to one of the parked cars and Jay said a few more words and blew a kiss to her. She opened the gate and began to walk out and I honked the horn, causing her to jump and grab her chest. She eyed me through my dark tinted windows. I rolled down the passenger window and smiled. I waved her over and she reluctantly walked over.

"Morning shorty, get in" I smirked.

Janae looked back at her mother's car which was still sitting in the drive way, she opened the car door and got it. She placed her seat belt on and looked straight ahead.

"No Good morning? A hello ? A kiss?" I looked her over as she sat there in silence.

She turned her head and shook her head no.

"Morning" she rolled her eyes.

"Did I miss something?"

"I don't know you tell me" she responded.

"I haven't heard from you since Friday night ..."

"Okay and ? I have to be at work soon" she stared back at me.

"You got me fucked up" I shook my head and laughed sarcastically. 

"Likewise"

"What did I do to you ?" I asked her annoyed by her attitude.

"Where were you Friday ?" she asked me.

I was confused, fuck she mean where I was ?

"Home with Kai" I looked at her sideways.

"Wow" she laughed.

"You can drop me off at the train station"

"What ?"

"Drop me off at the train station, so I won't be late"

"But why? You not telling me shit"

"Where were you Friday?" she asked again.

"Where the fuck was you on Friday, coming home hours after you get out of work?" I eyed her and looked back at the road.

We stood still at a red light and I looked at her, waiting for a response.

"I was with Lisa, and then we went to go meet up with my Grandmother for dinner and guess who I saw"

She looked at me and I looked back at her with raised eyebrows getting annoyed.