Chapter 18

"Cause how is the man of my dreams not a man of his words?
And how is the man for me just a man that makes me hurt?
It's time to take my own
Take my own advice, take my own advice
"

Advice - Kehlani

Janae

"Bendiciones Tia"

I walked into Lisa's apartment and hugged my aunt. Me and Mama just finished getting back from church, service was good I kind of missed accompany her to mass.

"Y Mama ?"

"She said she had a bingo date with her friends" I laughed.

"Oh lord" my aunt laughed at Mama's silliness.

"Y Lisa ?"

"In her room mija"

I walked the long way towards Lisa's room and practically busted right in, which caused her to jump and me to laugh. She grilled me and shook her head, getting up and hugging me.

"Hey boo"

"What's up love?"

"Here studying for my last final than I start my fall semester" she groaned.

"I'm too proud of you, we shall celebrate when you take your last exam"

"Thanks I'm going to need it" she smiled.

"We have to talk" I sat down, causing her to look at me seriously.

"Mama has an idea about Dave and she pressed me yesterday, I just don't know how she knows anything. I mean we're never around here and it's annoying, I'm 21 not 16!"

"Mama keeps in touch with way too many people" Lisa shook her head.

"I'm sure most of his friends were student's of hers, all I know is I haven't said a word. You think Tio said something to her ?" Lisa asked.

"Damn, I didn't think Papi would say something to her, he's so damn extra"

"I don't know but could be a thought being that he saw Dave's car"

"I know" I rolled my eyes.

"Dave's coming to get me so I won't be here too long" I added.

"You need me to cover for you ?"

"No, I'm grown, it's not like I need to go home and do anything. We're good" I laughed.

"Just checking"

"I do have one thing I want to know"

Lisa looked at me with raised eyebrows and nodded her head for me to keep talking.

"Do you know anything about Dave's past ? Something that would make Mama be as mad as she's been?" I asked hoping she had a clue.

"Only thing I know is Dave use to be involved into some heavy shit, caught a case and 10 years turned into a year and half... He got saved by the grace of God, but he took the rap for someone that much I know."

"Did it involve murder ?" I asked, hoping it didn't.

"I don't know Jay" she shrugged her shoulders.

"Do you know what he does?"

"Besides rap?" she joked.

"Yes and don't play him, he's actually decent"

"Girl I know that ... and shouldn't you be asking him that?"

"I do but he won't tell me anything"