Chapter 16

"Are you down to be a distraction baby
But don't distract me, let me ask you baby
Do you, do you, do you wanna be
A distraction baby" 

Distraction - Kehlani

Dave

I sat in my whip for about 30 minutes as I waited for Janae to get out of work. I had Kaiya with me so I was limited on to what I could and couldn't do with Janae.

As my dashboard read 5:15 I wondered where Janae could be. I looked down at my phone wondering if I missed something. As I looked up I seen Janae and her co worker walking out. They were laughing about something, Janae stopped walking. They both exchanged words while Janae pointed back at my car.

She slowly walked to my car with a smile, wonder what she could be so happy about ?

I unlocked the doors when she reached my car. She opened the door and her eyes shot me a look and than she peeped Kaiya, who was very wide awake.

"Hey cutie" she climbed in and went straight to wiggle Kai's foot.

"Hey beautiful" I said trynna be funny.

"Hey ugly" she sat down and adjusted herself.

"Now you know that's a lie"

"If you say so" she shrugged her shoulders.

"How was work ?"

"Good for a Monday" she smiled.

"You seem happy"

"I am" she gleamed.

"I wonder why?" I looked at her then back to the road.

"Just got some good news, that's all"

"What happened?"

"I got accepted to the nurse practitioner program" she smiled wide.

"Do explain" I laughed a little.

"Nurse practitioner ? Basically I'm higher than a registered nurse, lower than a doctor. I could prescribe medication but I can't really perform surgery." She explained to me and the way her eyes lit up, I knew she was hype.

"That's hella dope, I'm happy for you. What does that mean as far as school?"

"I'm basically going to be finishing undergrad while taking master courses" she further explained.

"Damn wasn't we just talking about you doing grad school?" I smirked.

She nodded her head and laughed.

Damn she really hype about this school shit..

"Why it took till summer to find out?"

"I was being lazy about admitting the paper work, but only because I didn't really know what I wanted"

"Kai you good baby girl?" I turned around to see Kaiya playing with her teething ring.

"My fault, Im glad you made a decision"

"Yes, anyway how was your day?" She asked actually interested in a nigga today.

"It was pretty decent, I think we need to talk"

"I agree" she looked at me.

"Let's take a walk?" I asked her and she nodded yes.

I made my way over to Madison and 86 st, we had enough daylight to walk along Central Park and the Museum. I prepared Kaiya stroller and Janae got herself together.