Chapter 78

Dave

"I missed you Baby" I kissed Kaiya on the forehead.

Mia had dropped her off to me since I couldn't really do much with my right hand.

"Uh what the hell happened to your hand?" Mia placed Kaiya's bags down by the couch.

"Punched a mirror"

"I don't even want to know why" she shook her head.

"So where's your little girlfriend?" She looked around.

"School or work, don't know right now" I tickled Kaiya.

"Hmm, your apartment looks nice, I'm sure this had to be her work" she looked around.

"Yeah" I looked over to where the TV stand was, we had photos of Kaiya and me.

"Who did this piece?" She asked about Lisa work.

"Lisa"

"Ohhh, she's talented"

"Yup"

"You sure you didn't get into a fight ? I don't need to hear you in jail" she looked at my hand again.

"No, I got mad and punched the closest shit to me. That's all"

"You going to be okay with Kai?"

"Yes"

"Is Janae going to be here to help you?"

"No Mia, I got this. Always have"

"Okay, just asking"

"I'm going to Cali this weekend coming up, so you can drop Kai off with my parents, if you'd like"

"Oh, Cali"

"Yeah, some studio shit"

"Cool, cool. Well let me head out"

"Yeah, I'll walk you out"

I walked Mia to the door, holding it open for her.

"Tell Mami bye" I spoke to Kaiya.

"Mama" she smirked.

"We have 1st Birthday things to discuss so when you get back let me know so we can link up"

"Yup, noted"

I closed the door behind her and looked down at Kaiya.

"We should get ready and go have lunch in our favorite place" I nuzzled her with my face.

***

Kaiya and I entered my favorite little spot on Castle Hill. It wasn't that packed since it was lunch time on a Saturday. We took a seat by the window since it was sunny today. I placed her in the high chair and pushed her in.

The waitress came by and I placed our orders. I looked over at Kaiya and smiled at her.

"You know I love you forever and a day. You the most beautiful thing in my life" I tickled her a little making her laugh.

"This is your daughter ?" The waitress asked me.

"Yes mam" I nodded.

"Not like a person can't tell, she's adorable"

"Thank you ma"

"How old is she?"

"She's going to be one next month"