Chapter 83

Janae

I felt a lot better than I did the day before but I wasn't stupid

I felt a lot better than I did the day before but I wasn't stupid. Recalling all that happened, I knew I didn't catch a stomach bug. It wasn't possible, we didn't eat anything completely foreign to us.

I sat at dinner, playing in my food because my mind was racing.

"Hey do you feel like you're getting sick again?" Lisa asked me concerned.

"No..."

"Why aren't you eating?"

"Just thinking"

"About? Is everything okay?" Shanice looked at me.

"Uh, I don't know" I shook my head.

"What do you mean boo?" Shanice looked over to Lisa.

I could feel the rim of my eyes begin to fill with tears. I blinked and felt the tears row down my eyes.

"Jay, oh my God" Lisa put her phone down.

"What's wrong ?" Shanice asked.

I took a deep breath.

"I think I'm pregnant" I said in one breath.

Shanice grabbed her chest and sat back in her seat, while Lisa looked at me, in shock. I palmed my face and began crying.

"Okay, stop crying Jay" Lisa snapped out of it and handed me a napkin.

"I, just"

"Breathe" Shanice got up to sit next to me.

"You said you think, so doesn't mean you know for sure"

"Oh, the signs are all there" I wiped my eyes.

"You still need to take a test and even then you need blood work" Lisa added.

"When was your last cycle?" Shanice jumped into nurse mode.

"Last month, well ..."

"Well what?"

"It came down spotty but I didn't think nothing of it because I'm active now"

"Your active and unprotected" Lisa shook her head.

I couldn't read her, was she upset or shocked.

"Jay!" Shanice looked at me.

"Active or not! You knew better, you know you were suppose to go see the gyno! You don't take birth control and you've been regular all your life, you were suppose to go in!" Shanice shook her head.

"I know! But I didn't think anything of it! Dave makes my period come down before it suppose sometimes!"

Lisa palmed her face.

"How fucking screwed is she?" She asked Shanice.

"We have to find a drug store, something"

"I'll start googling" Lisa looked through her phone.