Chapter 62

He was still alive of course, Jane was talking to him, but he wasn't getting up. I opened my link to Loki.

"Why would you do that!?"

"His words mean nothing unless he takes injury. Offering oneself up is honorable, but nothing will come of it unless that selflessness is actually taken advantage of. Do keep in mind that I could've easily killed him. Mjolnir should be on its way right now." But then Thor stopped moving.

"LOKI!"

"Calm yourself! Remember, Mjolnir channels lightning. It will be enough to spark him back to life, as well as kill anyone in the direct vicinity."

"We have to get Jane out of there."

"What? Why?"

"Just trust me!" I went and grabbed her my the shoulders.

"No! Don't touch me! You got him killed! What kind of monster are you!?" I flinched at that last bit.

"The kind that's trying to save your life."

"Get away from me!" She shoved me backwards and since I wasn't expecting it, I fell hard on my back. I could see Mjolnir in the distance, disturbing the desert air as it sped towards us. Erik obviously saw it too, because he took my place.

"Jane!"

"No. No. No!" It took me a moment to realize that I was well within range of the blast. I scrambled to my feet but tripped on debris. With a matter of seconds left, I moved away as fast as I could, not intending to waste time trying to stand.

"Arista!" I transferred myself into my clone not a moment too soon, lightning struck Thor and several places on the ground, including my now-clone. The voltage from the lightning overloaded the magic on the clone and forced it out of existence. If I hadn't transferred myself, I would've died. When the light cleared, Thor had his armor back and the Destroyer was ready to attack again.

"What do you think you're doing?"

"Just a bit of fun. He should be able to destroy this thing and keep it from fulfilling the orders I gave it."

"And just what orders did you give it?"

"To destroy any evidence of Thor's presence."

"Smart, but it's a little late for that."

"I realize that." The stormcloud that Mjolnir brought hadn't gone away. In fact, it had gotten much larger and was expanding towards the ground in a tornado, creating massive strong winds, strong enough to lift the Destroyer itself un into it.

"Get inside!" We didn't really go in, but everyone backed up substantially. The darkness in the clouds prevented us from seeing the action, all we could really see were the occasional blasts of the Destroyer. That is, until it came falling to the ground with a monumental crash. Followed by a couple cars. When the dust cleared, we could see Thor walking towards us, with a triumphant look on his face.

"So is this how you normally look?"

"More or less."

"It's a good look."

"We must go to the Bifrost sight, I will have words with my brother."

"Excuse me!" A black car had pulled up and four men in suits had gotten out. Very secret service.

"Donald. I don't think you've been completely honest with me."

"Know this, Son of Coul. You and I, we fight for the same cause, the protection of this world. From this day forward, you can count me as your ally, IF you return the items you have taken from Jane."