«Chapter 19»

The boys were all shuffling around, picking up every weapon they could find that they would need.

Niall just watched them run around, occasionally pointing out where an item was to help them along.

It was nearly past 3 in the morning when all the boys finally had all their stuff together and were rushing out the door.

Niall wasn't too sure this was the best strategy on taking down a meeting of who knows how many monsters but he kept his mouth shut. Because what did he know anyway? He was just an angel, and besides if something went wrong he would just blast everything out of there. Even if the boys had told him not to.

If it really came down to it, Niall wasn't going to listen to them because to him, the boys lives were more important then some information they could get.

"Alright let's go." Louis muttered, shutting the trunk and getting in the car with Liam.

Niall followed behind Zayn and Harry, choosing to get in the second car. It was basically a silent ride, Zayn and Harry held hard faces as they watched the road ahead of them.

The city slowly faded away as they reached the outskirts of the town, down to the darker and more quiet part.

Niall could see a boat in the distance, out on the water as it slowly become more clear the closer they got.

Niall still had a bad feeling about the whole thing. If demons were suddenly okay wth working with vampires then what was stopping them from working with any other monster? He didn't like the thought of that at all but again, he didn't voice his opinion.

The car abruptly stopped, making Niall put his hand out to catch himself from falling off his seat. He could see the car in front of him had stopped too, Louis and Liam stepping out and walking over to them.

Zayn got out of the car, along with Harry, making Niall follow suit. "So I think I have a plan." Louis muttered, slamming a paper down on the hood of the car.

Niall tried looking over Harry's shoulder but huffed when he couldn't. "This is where it's all going down, there's only 3 exits and entrances so I want Harry and Zayn here, and Liam I want you to go through here and I'll be going here, got it? Then we advance in and meet in the middle." The boys all nodded, Harry cocking his gun as they all separated.

"What about me?" Niall asked, looking at all of them as they continued to walk away. Zayn was the only one to stop and turn to him.

"You stay here and...keep watch. Kill any stragglers that get out? Okay." Before Niall could complain he had turned around and was walking away again.

"Kill anything that moves." Niall heard Louis say before they all disappeared through different doors.

Niall leaned against the car and crossed his arms angrily. He could do more damage then the 4 of them combined and they wanted him to stay by the car?

Niall turned to look at the map Louis had left on the car. He looked back to where the boys had disappeared again before grabbing the paper and memorizing it.

He debated on going in and helping, not sure if he should. I mean the boys did this for a living and maybe they knew better.

But a loud gunshot rang through the air and Niall decided, well maybe they needed help. They could thank him later, or yell at him. Either way he was going to help.

Niall rushed inside, seeing the map in his head as he made his way through every twist and turn.

It was now silent which worried Niall a bit but the deeper he got in the building, the more bodies he found. And none of them were his boys, making him relax every time he saw a body that wasn't them.

But as Niall rounded a corner that lead to a long hallway, he could finally hear shouts and yells of pain. There was a door that was cracked open at the end and he rushed forward, only sparing a second to look down at the bodies around him to check if they were anyone important to him.

Niall opened the door quietly, his eyes widening at the huge room it opened up to. But that wasn't what surprised him, it was the boys all back to back, trying their hardest to fight off all the vampires and demons. Niall could see a few werewolves even.

He knew something didn't feel right, he should've spoke up. It looked like the boys weren't expecting this much monsters.

Niall sighed, raising his hand and waiting for the monsters to implode. But they didn't.

He furrowed his eyebrows, gritting his teeth as he tried again. But still nothing happened. No light or monsters dying.

Niall looked down at himself in horror. "Liam!" Someone shouts, making Niall look back to what was happening.

A werewolf had taken hold of Liam, pulling him away from the others. They could win this, Niall knew they could. He just knew it.

But then Liam was thrown to the ground, the werewolf slicing down and cutting Liam in the chest. Niall's breathing accelerated as he raised his hand, trying for the last time but it ended the same. Nothing happened.

Niall couldn't stop the tears from falling down his face as he rushed forward to help in any way he could.

"Niall no!" Someone gasped as he rushed into the room and straight for Liam.

When he reached them, he yanked the werewolf off of Liam, pushing it away and helping him up. Liam groaned but stood up straight, gripping the knife in his hand.

"You shouldn't be here." Liam grit through his teeth, trying to push the pain away.

"You guys needed help." Niall stated, gasping and pushing Liam out of the way when another wolf came up behind him.

"Niall!" Liam yelled as the werewolf plunged it's nails into his stomach. Niall gasped, used to pain. It was okay though, because he would heal in minutes anyway.

He felt the werewolf pulled off him as Liam killed it effortlessly. "Niall? Are you okay?" Liam stressed, holding Niall's free hand as the other one was pressed against his wound.

"Liam I'm fine, it's already healing." Niall said evenly, gasping and pointing behind Liam. "Liam turn around!" He yelled.

Liam did so quickly, giving Niall one more look before helping the boys in fighting off the last few monsters.

Niall watched them, making sure no one got hurt as he pulled his hand away from his stomach.

He knew why his powers weren't working now and he was a little scared to tell the boys.

He stumbled on his feet, his legs feeling like jelly as he fell to the floor. He could hear the boys yelling his name as the last monster dropped to the floor, they didn't get the information they needed now he guessed.

Niall pressed his hand against the wound and groaned, it still hurt. He pulled his hand back to look at his red palm.

He was still bleeding.