«Chapter 10»

"There was another attack around the east side, so it's probably holed up around there." Louis explained, pointing to a spot on the map as he explained.

Niall was standing in the corner holding Zayn's phone curiously as the boys all leaned around the dinning room table.

Niall was listening to the boys while also trying to figure out why Zayn needed such a device, and what the heck it did.

"So are we going to check it out right now?" Liam asked, making Louis shake his head no.

"I'm thinking later tonight. Something doesn't feel right about this." He explained.

"But if we wait, someone else could get killed." Harry deadpanned, making Louis sigh.

"I know, but I'm going with my instincts on this one. Somethings not right and I want to figure out what before we go running in with guns blazing."

"More like machetes." Zayn muttered. Liam was the only one to crack a smile.

"Zayn, Harry. I want you two to go and scout the area out to see if you can pinpoint an exact location." Louis ordered and the boys all nodded. "Me and Liam will meet you there later."

"And what do we do about uh-" Harry looked up Niall, making the other boys do the same.

"I don't know yet." Louis muttered.

Niall looked up to meet their stares, looking behind him and back at them, wondering what he did to warrant their stares.

"Keep your phones on, like always and stay safe." The boys nodded, Zayn coming over to Niall and smiling softly.

"I need that, please." Niall nodded and handed it over.

"You guys are going to find the vampire?" Niall questioned and the boys all nodded. "I'll go too."

"No." Louis answered almost immediately.

"Yes." Niall said unsurely, watching as Harry and Zayn grabbed a weapon each from the closet. "I could..." Niall stopped himself and frowned.

What was he going to say? I could help. Because, no he couldn't. He wasn't supposed to interfere, just observe.

He already disobeyed once, and he wasn't going to do it again. He had prayed for forgiveness to his father and hoped it was enough. He wouldn't allow himself to do it again, he couldn't.

He would not fail his first mission.

"I want to finish this today." Louis muttered to himself, ignoring Niall completely as he went to talk to Zayn and Harry before they left.

-

It had been a few hours since Harry and Zayn left. Louis was now pacing, holding his phone tightly in his hand as he waited for it to ring.

Liam was standing next to Niall, leaning against the wall and gnawing away at his lip in worry.

But in the end it was Liam's phone that started ringing, making Niall look at Liam's pocket in alarm.

Before Niall could even ask, Liam had pulled a device that looked just like Zayn's out of his pocket and it was at his ear.

"Harry? What? Okay, Jesus calm down, we're on our way."

Louis was already grabbing a bag and stuffing guns, machetes and other stuff in it before heading out the door.

"Liam." Niall started but he only turned to him and sighed.

"Uh, you just-just um, sit on the couch. We'll be back later."

Niall didn't know if they really, seriously thought he would stay on the couch.