I went down the stairs until hitting the floor of an old room filled with different things. There were maps, treasures, junk, parts, you name it and he'll probably have it. To the side, a old, wooden table with chairs were set. On top were some stuff with a little extra space to be filled.

   I sat on one of the chairs while Kanan sat on the one diagonal from me. I looked up at the man and asked, "How can you kill people?"

Kanan looked over at me really confused.

"I mean, how can you kill people without hesitation. You make and do it so easily," I explained. The man did something I wasn't expecting.

He took the gun out and dismantled it then gave it to me. "Load," was all Kanan said. I was interested in where this was going so I swiftly loaded the weapon. "Pull this part back," he said pointing to the sliding part. I slid the part back then it popped forward again.

"Aim," Kanan told me and I leveled the gun at some weird picture of monkeys on the wall. A hand reached out and pulled the gun over. Now the end of the pistol was aiming at Kanan's chest. I looked him in the eyes confused and worried.

He stared at me blankly saying, "Shoot." My body tensed and my finger was laying right over the trigger. I could end all of this right now. If I just pull the trigger. Yet, there was something stopping me and saying that this wasn't right.

"I said, "shoot,"" Kanan demanded but my trembling hands and ever other inch of my well-being froze from the cold. The cold surrounding me and whispering 'do it.' To cold. Way to cold. Then the weight of the gun lessened from my hands. Things were lighter and the warmth came back. I realized Kanan took the gun from me.

"That's how," he said. I gulped and stared at the man in amazement. This was probably harder for him than it was for me. I can see it now. He doesn't want to do this as much as I do but has to be done or else...

I don't know. I don't know what is going through that head of his. I don't know why he's protecting me. I don't know why he killed my family but not me. I don't know the people who want our heads. Nothing.

All I know is to keep on the run. That's all I ever knew ever since my mom died. Ever since my dad married a rich, snobby woman. Run Ezra, just run and you'll be fine. Well nothing in my life was fine, nothing! I lost my mom, ran away, lost my alive folks, in a little game of predator and prey. I'm the prey and I'm being hunted but never knew until Kanan showed.

   Of course, I still barely knew anything but I'm still alive so that some good brownie points there. Even if I'm still being hunted like a lost sheep in a woods full of wolves.

   "You thirsty or hungry, kid?" I snapped out of my thoughts and saw Kanan and Chopper staring at me.

   "Oh uh, no thanks. I'm good," I said. Chopper nodded his head then left with Kanan on his tail. I just stayed in the seat and waited until we arrived at our destination.

Kanan soon came back into the room.

"Ok kid, we are almost there. So I'm going to tell you what our next move is," he said sitting down in the empty chair. I nodded.

"When we get off, we are going to head to the nearest train station and go to my house..." he began. Kanan explained the rest of the plan until we heard Chopper tell us that we're here.

The two of us gather our things and Kanan thanked Chopper. The sailor gave us a proud grin before waving goodbye.

Kanan and I walked down the peer, into the city. People scurried around the streets and horns beeped every once in a while when traffic held them. My eyes kept a look out for any suspicious characters that may want to cause us trouble, which yet are to be found.

I let out a long sigh of breath, not aware of holding it the whole time. We made it to the station without any backstabbers, literally.

I followed Kanan to the ticket booth. While he was getting the tickets, I looked around curiously at civilians minding their own beeswax. That's when an unsettling feeling came as a woman leaning against the wall, smoking, was watching me with a devious grin.

She had short black hair and a black, leather jacket with a red shirt underneath. The woman also had navy, blue jeans and nice, black boots. Her skin is so pale that she could be mistaken for a ghost, especially the black, soulless eyes.

That woman was going to be a major problem for Kanan and I. I wasn't going to like this ride any better than the next person who enters the train with the three of us on board. If that is she is going to be on the same train. This could all me in my head from lack of food and sleep.

Those two things, I can worry about later. For now, its survival of the fittest. The predator is starting her hunt and I'm her main prey.

////////////////////////////////////////////

Stay tuned and adios!!!!!😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁