Chapter 40

The first place Ciel insisted on stopping was the food court, obviously. He smiled and tugged his friend into a random line, beginning to ramble about the different meals that looked good. The blond listened as he dug through his wallet, pulling out the required money, adding on enough for his own food. It was soon time for them to wait in line and it was becoming more evident that Ciel was slowly easy out of his little space. Thus, when the older got a phone call he trusted the other to get their food and bring it to a table. He walked off to a quieter corner, answering the call and glancing around.
"Hello?" There was a small ruckus on the other end before a sad, slightly panicked voice was heard.
"I want him back, I can't do it." The blind grinned, eyeing the slate haired boy from afar.
"I don't know if I can trust you... It really hurt him, ya'know." Ok, maybe he was gonna have a bit of fun with this. "It's nice looking after him again."
"Alois, I swear...." The other began, anger also being pushed into his voice.
"You'll what? He'll definitely never ever forgive you if you hurt me too." The blue eyed boy smirked at his own comment, hearing the complete displeasure in the other's voice.
"He cheated and I couldn't think of a different punishment. I was very angry. Now, just.... Drive him home." Sebastian sounded emotionally and physically drained.
"No. I will not.... At least not yet. He's nice and happy here and that's what's important."
"He was happy with me."
"But apparently you weren't and had to kick him out." The call was abruptly ended, Alois stuffing his phone away before going over to his friend and sitting across from him.
"W-Who was it?" Ciel asked, munching on his fries as he slightly hugged himself.
"Wrong number." The older said calmly, beginning to eat his own food while the other nodded and looked around a bit, almost uncomfortably. The blond noticed. "You coming out of Little Space?"
"Mhm... I-I actually.... I dunno.... It's like... Coming out of and going into. It's confusing." Ciel mumbled, looking down and fidgeting with his overalls. He then sighed and looked up, eyes looking sadder than before. "I-I know what I did to him was wrong but.... Did I deserve to be kicked out?" There was a small silence where Alois finished chewing his God before responding.
"No.... I don't think you deserved to be kicked out, he could have been better with the punishment...." He wiped his mouth with the napkin. "I do however, get why he was angry. But regardless, I'll still take care of you." As if on cue, the boy's frown changed into a small smile, feet beginning to swing again.
"P-Pwomise?"
"Yes, of course, CC."
Sebastian growled as he remade his bed, getting dressed and keeping his phone in a tight grip. If he got a call back, he'd feel better, a least slightly. However, it didn't seem like it'd be that easy.