2- Goggles and Ogles

Kendall

"Josh I swear, if you try anything I'll kick you so hard in the balls that you will legally have to change your gender from male to female," I hiss at Josh as he steps behind me in line for the ground ball drill we're doing to warm up.

"You wouldn't do that because then I couldn't be your boyfriend anymore," he jokes, wrapping his arms around my waist and pulling my back into his chest, settling his head on my shoulder. I shrug him off of me and I can practically see his smile fade even though I'm looking straight ahead and he's standing behind me.

The feeling of his arms around my body usually makes me tingle with joy, but not at lacrosse. Not at practice. This is not the place for that. This is the thing I'm best at in life. I take it very seriously and I don't put up with nonsense from anyone while I'm on the field.

Off the field, I'm the happy-go-lucky girl who is always laughing, smiling, and joking around with my friends. On the field, you would never know that we're the same person. I get tough and fierce, putting on a poker face that nothing can break and shouting commands at my teammates.

Before I know it, I'm at the front of the line and my teammate on the other side is rolling a yellow ball across the perfectly green turf towards me. I swoop down, crouching my body low to the ground, and guide the ball into my stick. I stand up, cradling the ball into my stick's pocket, and roll the ball back to the other side, where yet another girl follows suit.

And then it comes to be Josh's turn. I stand next to my best friend Destiny Simmons, who is in front of the line opposite him, and watch him bend down to scoop up the ball.

And fail.

Epically.

As he lowers his body to the ground, the ball rolls directly under the head of his stick, landing behind him near the foot of the girl in front of the line behind him. He turns to try to pick the ball up again, and ends up hitting his you-know-what with the butt of his stick. Dropping to the ground in pain, clutching his, well, you know, I fall to the ground in laughter. The girls surrounding us snicker and a loud wave of harmonious guffaws comes from farther down the field, where the boys are practicing.

"I think this is a good time to take a quick water break and let him get out of our way," Coach Amanda instructs, blowing her whistle to dismiss us to the benches.

I lift myself off the ground and walk over to Josh, sticking out my hand to help him up. He grabs it and I pull him to his feet, a muffled groan escaping his throat.

"Stick to boys lacrosse babe," I joke, giving him a kiss on his lips before he limps over to where his pads lay discarded on the floor.

I walk over to my team's bench and join a conversation with Destiny and Rachel Simmons, identical twins that you can only tell apart because Destiny dyed her hair red over the summer, whereas Rachel has her natural blonde hair still.

"Oh my god," Destiny groans. "Don't they have anything better to do than to come to our practices and drool?"

I look to the bleachers to see what Destiny is looking at, and see a group of boys sitting a few rows up, just looking at us. I don't recognize them, but I know the type of guys they are. They think of themselves as the "cool" kids, not that they're very cool at all. They're more of what I'd refer to as a swaggot.

In most high schools, the football players and cheerleaders are the popular kids, but not at Lincoln Central. Here, it is all about lacrosse. If you're on the lacrosse teams, you are guaranteed a full social calendar and a high status.

"Why not show them what they're wanting to see?" I suggest, giving a knowing look to the twins. A devious grin spreads across each of their faces, understanding exactly what it is I am talking about.

Simultaneously, we hook our fingers under the hems of our thin running shirts and slide them upward on our stomachs. Already we can see the horny boys' eyes widen, and when we lift up the sports bras too, their eyes pop out of their heads. It's as if it's the first time they've ever seen boobs.

Oh wait, it probably is the first time.

I smirk as I pull my clothes back down, covering my ample chest and flat stomach. Rachel and Destiny do the same, turning to give me a high five. Our hands smack together and once Amanda blows her whistle, we rush back on to the field, feeling satisfied.