"Oh, this?" Suga lifted his hand, showing the silver but plain-looking ring that he wore on his index finger. "Sorry, just a habit."

"Ah, okay."

"I've been wearing this ring all my life and actually, this is my only connection to the life that I had before. It's like...a constant reminder of some sort. Not in a bad way, though. The dad of my first love was a kind man and he always gave me food and tickets to amusement parks. I still clearly remember the last time I saw that man. He had given me some steak and rice, and also carnival tickets. I think the ring had accidentally fell while he was trying to open the container lid for me. Nevertheless, I had only found about it a bit too late and he was already gone. I had planned on giving it back but I did not see him again so I just tried to keep it until it was already able to fit one of my fingers."

Suga laughed as he stared at his hand, he remembered trying it on before when he was just a kid but it was too loose.

Jimin nodded. "This type of rings became a fad awhile back, I thought you only bought it for fashion or something."

At hearing this, Suga snorted. Because really, the idea was just laughable. He didn't even have the money to buy food, let alone a ring. Nevertheless, he smirked at the cute boy in front of him named Park Jimin.

"I don't need to buy anything for fashion. Fashion is the one struggling to keep up with me."

This made the younger boy laugh loudly, burying his face to Suga's neck as he struggled to contain his laughter. Jimin's laugh always sounded pleasant. Was there even anything that's not pleasant about this cute boy?

"Whatever, hyung," the younger commented with tears in his eyes from too much laughing. "Anyway, I also have the same ring actually. Similar with the plain-looking silver ones that everybody seemed to own. My dad gave it to me before when I was still seven. He had the same ring, it was like a father and son thing, I think. I obviously couldn't wear it anymore when I grew older so I just made it into a pendant. I always brought it with me everywhere, especially since Appa passed away."

The information was new to Suga, and somehow, his genius guts was telling him that there's more to his story that he should know. It was like there was something at the back of his mind that was telling him that this piece of information was very important. And so, Suga kept it dearly just like how he kept every single thing he had learned about this wonderful boy.

Suga tilted his head at Jimin. "Too bad you don't have it right now."

"Yeah," Jimin replied with a roll of his eyes. "I didn't really have a chance to bring even an underwear while we were escaping that time from my apartment."

"Well, you-"

Wait.

What.

The.

Heck.

Suga whipped his head around, his eyes gazing darkly at the expanse of beautiful view and trying to find anything suspicious.

Shit.

"Hyung, are you...okay?" came Jimin's worried voice, probably sensing the sudden change of Suga's mood.

Suga continued to search for something, anything. But all that his eyes could see was an empty road and green mountain. Nothing else. There was no one.

But there had to be.

Heck, he had been too busy with Jimin that he had not noticed that something was off. Jimin was always good at that, distracting Suga. Suga was not one to easily get distracted, or even if he was, he could easily focus back.  But no, not with Jimin. Jimin always demanded his full attention and he was too damn smitten to care sometimes.