Chapter 16: Race To The Top!

2 weeks later
For the past two weeks, everyone in our class trained hard. We put all of our effort into this festival. Time flew by really fast.

We we're all in the waiting room, anxiously awaiting our time to shine.

While normally the seniors are the main performance, Class A will be the main attraction as we survived the villain attack.

Mina-chan was picking at our gym uniforms. "I wanted to wear my costume." She complained.

Mashirao, who was stretching, smiled at her. "To keep everything fair, we can't."

Rikido looked pretty nervous. "I wonder what's the first round going to be." His hands were fidgeting a little.

Tokoyami looked as calm as ever. "No matter what, we have no choice but to deal with it."

"Right."

I stood up. "We're gonna be fine! This festival is nothing compared to fighting villains!" And with that, people calmed down a little.

Iida came in. "Everyone, are you ready?! We'll be entering soon!"

Izuku took a deep breath. I have to admit, I'm pretty nervous myself.

In this sports festival, I'm going to prove something to Vlad. I'm going to prove that I never needed him to become strong!!!

"Midoriya." We all watched as Todoroki walked towards Izuku.

"Todoroki. What is it?"

"Looking at things objectively, I'm stronger than you." What's the point in this?

"Huh?" Izuku looked confused then nodded. "Y-yeah."

"But...All Might has his eye on you, right?" Izuku looked surprised.

"I'm not trying to pry about that." Hah! Who are you trying to fool? It's obvious you're curious.

"But I'm going to beat you." Todoroki declared.

We all looked at them carefully. "Oh? Is the best in the class making a declaration of war?" Kaminari nervously asked.

Kirishima suddenly walked over and put a hand on Todoroki's shoulder. "Hey, hey, hey! This is not the time or place to be picking a fight! We're about to start!"

Todoroki knocked the hand of his shoulder. "We're not here to play 'friends', so who cares?" He then walks away. Geez. What crawled up his ass?

Izuku suddenly spoke up. "Todoroki, I don't know what you're thinking when you say you'll beat me," Todoroki stopped to listen. "but of course you're better than me. I think you're more capable than most people." Everyone started to look at him. "Looking at it objectively..."

Kirishima waved his hands around, nervously. "Midoriya, don't talk so negatively..."

"But..." he suddenly stopped talking. "everyone, the other student from the other courses are aiming for the top with everything they've got!" He clenched his fists.

"I can't afford to fall behind. I'll be going for it with everything I have, too." I smirked. It seems little Izuku is finally starting to grow up a little from the boy I met at the entrance exams to a confident and determined hero in training.

"Yeah." Todoroki agreed.

------------------------------------------------------
We all started to walk out as our class was called.

Izuku looked like he was about to faint. "Th-th-th-there are so many people...." Okay, so maybe he didn't grow as much as I thought.

Iida looked around the stands. "Will we be able to perform our best while being watched by so many people? This is also part of the training required to be a hero." Is it?