Chapter 4: Scars and Family

I didn't want Aizawa seeing the scars that were all over my body, so I always kept the door locked if I ever change or took a shower.

Vlad's training gave me knife scars, burn marks, and so many others kinds of injuries that will always leave a permanent marking.

I was also forced to fight the royal knights in Ghostzone as a part of my training, which didn't have a great affect on my body.

I tried so hard to make sure the hero didn't see them, but luck was just not on my side.

I was changing, forgot to lock the door, and Bag Eyes walked in when I was shirtless. Great.

I'm sure you can already picture where I'm going with this.

His eyes widened when he saw them and then it went back to normal. He started to circle around me while I remained frozen in fear.

How was he going to react? I didn't know and that's what scared me.

He then stopped, then crouched down, and suddenly pulled the leg part of my sweatpants up. His eyes were gifted with more scars.

His eyes met mine and I could tell he was far from happy. "I know these are not from my training, given how old most of these are and that my training is never this brutal, so I'm going to ask, who did this to you?"

I stayed silent. If I tell him, I know he's gonna go after Vlad and when he does, he might die.

"Was it your parents?"

I snapped at that. "My parents were one of the most kindest and most generous people in the world! How dare you accuse them?!" I had to refrain myself from attacking him. I know my limits and as of right now, I would get my ass kicked if I tried to fight him.

Aizawa's gaze never left mine. "Then who did it?!" He was becoming very impatient.

I took a deep breath and glared at him. "It's none of your business." I firmly stated.

That just got him angrier. "You are living in my house and I'm taking care of you! I have every right to know what's going on with you!"

Something in me snapped. "You are only temporarily taking care of me until you've found a family to drop me off at!" I knew I should've stopped, but I couldn't.

"Once I'm gone, I bet you'll forget about me! You're not my father! Stop acting like you care!!"

That earned me a nice, hard slap to the face. I was shocked. I don't know why, because I should've expected that, but I was still shocked.

I looked back at him and I couldn't see his eyes as they were covered by his hair. "I may not be your father but why do you think I let you sleep in my bed because of a nightmare? Why do you think I bought you those games you wanted? It's because I cared, I made all those nice meals." He said with a drowsy tone, laced with anger.

I looked back on it. That's right. I remember.

Those times he made me dinner. Those times he took me out to the store for video games. Those times he let me sleep on his bed because of a nightmare I had of Vlad. He wasn't acting. He really cared about me.

Throughout my stay with him, I felt this familiar warmth in my chest many times. I couldn't identify it since it's been so long since I've felt it.

I remember now. It was the feeling of family. I unknowingly started to see Aizawa as my dad, but denied it because I didn't want to get close to anyone anymore.

When Vlad finds me, he'll try to cut all my ties here and kill anyone I'm close to. I wanted to protect Aizawa from him by closing my heart.

But I don't want to run anymore. I can't run from this warmth. I know what I want now. I want a real family again. I want friends. I don't want to be scared anymore. I want to be selfish after years of pain.

I couldn't stop myself from crying. After years of being alone. After years of emptiness...I'm home. I finally found a home.

My legs couldn't take it anymore and I fell down on my knees. I soon felt two arms wrapped around me and my face was now against a chest.

"I'm home." I said out loud.

Aizawa looked at my eyes. "Yes, you are."

After a minute, I calmed down and Aizawa took this chance to say, "You really like crying, don't you?" He was referring to when I was crying after I saw my room and thanked Aizawa.

I laughed and pushed him slightly away. "Shut up." I could see a small smile forming on his face.

My eyes then turned serious. "I'm not ready to tell you how I got these scars, but maybe soon, I'll be ready." He nodded in understanding.

I'm sure the life of a Pro Hero is not always glamorous and you're gonna see and experience things that will scar you for life. He understands because he has his own stories he's not ready to tell.

I continued. "When I'm ready, will you be there to listen?" I couldn't help but ask.

He patted my back. "I'll be there. I promise."

"Thank you."

"I've decided on something."

"What?"

"I'm gonna adopt you." As blunt as ever.

"Really?!"

"Yup."

"I'm gonna call you old man then." I warned him.

"Whatever."

To be continued...