Chapter Fourteen

Third POV
I semi-redid Percy! Some things aren't the same, so refer to the original pic for those differences, but I think it's kinda easier to imagine in this format, so... Moving on!

Percy was hating every second he spent in that tiny, stuffy classroom with the boring teacher. Who wanted to learn about business anyway? It's not like he would begin creating a business as soon as he left school. He was fine with employing under someone else, thank you very much. Percy yawned as the heat began to get to him, wanting to follow the lead of several kids in the back and just sleep through the course. Nonetheless, the teacher kept droning on and Rikki found herself in the same situation. Two rooms down, she was watching her teacher attempt to draw a cadaver, and failing. Honestly, if you know you can't draw, just bring up a picture or chart. Rikki rolled her eyes and tipped her chair back onto the last two legs, balancing in boredom. Luckily, Bella, Emma, and Cleo were in good classrooms a floor down, and the teachers were being very informative and interesting. Cleo and Bella's was explaining the curriculum of the course and basic facts on the laws of physics, and they couldn't help but attentively take notes. Emma was listening to her teacher speak of their course and what it would include, mainly the trips and hands-on work. Just in case, Emma wrote down all of the trips they would take to warn her mother. The rest of the school day passed like this- Rikki and Percy dreading every class, while Cleo, Emma, and Bella wrote down everything they could possibly need to know or use for the future.
"How long do we have to do this for?" Percy slumped against a locker next to Bella and Emma while they smirked. "Honestly Percy, it's only a few months." Bella laughed, shutting her locker as Percy groaned again. "Come on, let's go meet Rikki, Cleo, and Lewis." Emma and Bella quietly giggled as they gave Percy their bags. "Why do I feel like a welcome mat?" Bella smirked as Emma answered. "We need to keep you fit, how else are you going to keep up with us?" Percy scoffed, slinging the bags onto his back. "I could pick you both up and still be faster." Emma raised her eyebrow as Bella scoffed. "Faster than Rikki and Cleo? I doubt it." If the girls had dared to look back, they would see Percy's troublemaker smirk coming out to play. "Does that sound like a challenge?" Bella flipped her hair as Emma straightened her posture. "And what if it is?" A deep chuckled sounded behind them as the girls felt a shiver run up their spines. "Then I say bring it on." Emma rolled her eyes as Bella shook her head. "Whatever Percy, we'll see." Percy hummed as the group was joined by Cleo, Rikki, and Lewis. "See what?" Rikki smirked as she saw Percy's 'dilemma'. "Hey Percy, can you carry my bag too?" The demigod sea prince sighed as he grabbed hers and Cleo's too. "I might as well. Lewis, do you want me to carry your stuff too?" A protective hand enclosed around one of his straps as Lewis shook his head. "Nah, there's some fragile objects in here anyway." Percy shrugged his shoulders carelessly, distractedly leading the group towards his house. "Suit yourself. As for your question Rikki, I've been challenged to carry Emma and Bella in a race against you and Cleo." Cleo giggled as Rikki smirked. "Oh? Do you think you can beat us?" Percy gasped, dramatically holding a hand up to his chest. "Do you doubt my skills?" Giving him a deadpan glare, Rikki punched Percy's shoulder. "Yes." Percy's pout turned into a broad grin when he saw his house on the beach. "Come on gang, my mom might've made cookies!" Cleo, Bella, and Emma giggled while Rikki scoffed, Lewis confusedly whispered 'Gang?', and Percy took off at a sprint. Entering the house, a sweet waft of warm blue cookies could definitely be smelt. Sighing in satisfaction, Percy dropped the bags unceremoniously on the floor and hugged his mom. "Hey Mom, did I ever tell you I love you?" Sally laughed as she carefully placed doesn't eh tray of cookies, wrapping her son in their hug. "I believe you've said it a few times." Percy kissed his mom's cheek and let her go, sneaking a cookie as he backed away. "Uh, uh, uh- put that back Perce. I know your tricks." Percy sighed as the girls and Lewis walked inside. "Are those cookies?" Bella smiled, knowing the scent of cookies anywhere. "Yes, I had made them for you all. I'd been hoping that my son wouldn't try and steal some, but it seems it was never meant to be." The girls smirked as Lewis gave an uneasy smile. "Come on Mom, you know I love your cookies." Sally giggled as she gave Percy back the cookie he snatched. "I know Percy, but it's so easy to mess with you." Another pout came to Percy's face as he took his cookie to the couch in the living room. "Mrs. Jackson, can I have a cookie too?" Sally gasped and quickly grabbed the tray she had placed down earlier. "Of course, my dear! I'm so sorry, where are my manners? You can all take as many as you would like." Rikki smirked and grabbed two, while everyone else grabbed one. "Thank you, Mrs. Jackson." Sally smiled again and walked over to set the tray down on the table in front of Percy's sulking spot. "Please, call me Sally." Purposely chomping loudly on a blue cookie in front of Percy, Rikki slumped down onto the couch beside him. Bella and Emma gave a small giggle as they elegantly sat on he couch as well, leaving Sally, Cleo, and Lewis to sit on the opposite couch. "Can we just go swimming now?" Percy crossed his arms and slouched more, pout very dominant on his face. Emma and Cleo finished their cookie as Sally got up, grabbing the tray. "I'll put these in the warming drawer for you all. When you get back, they'll be waiting for you." Percy gave a smile to his mom and hugged her, before sprinting out of his house and to the surf, just standing their with his feet in the water, shoes already forgotten behind him. His demigod hearing picked up five sets of feet in the sand behind him, and Percy felt a serene smile overtake his face as the girls started counting as they kept walking to where Percy was. "One, two, three, four, five, six," Percy started walking as the girls continued forward, leaving Lewis behind. "Seven, eight, nine, te-" The girls each gave a small squeal or yelp as they all fell to the wet sand, their legs transforming and morphing to be something magical and beautiful.

Happy New Year!