Chapter Ten

THIRD POV

The girls half-laughed and half-groaned. "That's what you're worried about?" Percy gave the girls a confused look. "What else would I be worried about?" Rikki rolled her eyes while Emma and Bella sighed; Cleo giggled. "Let's just get inside." The water bubbles around the girls' heads vanished and they all swam to the surface of the moon pool, surfacing with a smile. The girls loved being in their moon pool, it always brought relief and peace to their crazy lives. Rikki frowned, not liking the idea of having to share this with someone else, let alone a stranger. Emma and Bella sat down, leaning against the natural side of the pool. Cleo rested her head on one of the ledges, letting her tail float behind her, while Rikki leaned her whole body against the side wall. Percy came up a last, human again. He walked over to the side of the moon pool and sat down on one of the ledges not occupied by the mermaids, his feet still dangling in the water. "Well, I guess you're allowed in here now." Bella exaggeratedly sighed, a smile on her face. "Yeah. But what's your story? We want to know what you are keeping from us." Rikki glared at Percy distrustingly. Percy sighed, not wanting to have to explain it all. "If you want to know my 'story', then you will have to know more about my family." Dropping his head, he laid back on the rock, with his arms spread out, and sighed. "What, are you a criminal?" Percy shook his head, but the girls still had their suspicions. "No, quite opposite actually. Do any of you know anything about the Greek gods?" All of the girls looked to Emma, who shook her head. "Sorry, I only know Roman Mythology." Percy brightened, sitting up. "That's practically the same thing. The gods just go by different names. So, here's the rundown of my life... (I apologize, but my laziness is too much. Look to the picture up top if you want a small version. I do not believe anyone wants to read the whole Percy Jackson series over again, but then again, if you do, then you can go read it. Just pause here) And then I came to Australia and haven't seen a monster since. You guys know the rest of the story." The girls were confused and slightly scared of the fact that gods were real, and probably watching them, but Rikki was just miffed. "How do we know you aren't lying." Percy blinked, then chuckled. "I never thought of that. Well, since you have seen my water powers, I'll show you my other ones." Rikki's eyes widened, and the other girls were just mesmerized. "You have more?!" Percy nodded distractedly, trying to focus on the wall behind them. Despite not being Hazel, he used all of the water particles inside of the rock to search for something to bring out. As Percy found something, smiling, he shook the wall gently, using the water to pull the certain object out of the wall. He closed the whole back up with his earthshaker powers and held the blue chunk of crystal in his hands. The girls were amazed by Percy's power over earth, and Rikki was jealous, but pulled back, as she realized that that meant he had gone through every adventure his story had told. Rikki suddenly felt bad for treating him with such disrespect, but she wasn't going to show that to Percy. Cleo and Bella were amazed that Percy had done so much, while something was nagging at Emma. She was thinking hard to herself and it hit her. "You're the Prince of the Sea!" Suddenly, the chunk of crystal Percy had pulled out of the wall started to glow, and it morphed into a special shape before resting upon Percy's head. It was a crown. Percy felt the weight on his head and groaned while the girls all laughed. "Emma, why did you have to say that?! I hate crowns!" Percy tried to pull it off as Rikki and Emma snickered, only for it not to budge. Percy had a horrified look on his face, as his movements quickly became frantic. He used his water powers to take the crown off. but it didn't budge. Percy tried everything he could think of, even so much as banging his head on the cave wall, but nothing happened to the invincible crown. Finally, after all the girls had laughing cramps, Percy gave up. He sighed and sat down, dangling his legs in the water. Percy yelped as he forgot to keep himself dry. After the transformation, the crown was no longer there. Percy wooped with joy, though he was laying on the sand uncomfortably. He pushed himself up, a new necklace around his neck. It was the same as the girls wore, but with a crown engraved in it's surface. Cleo gasped while Emma and Bella all nodded, expecting as much. Rikki just ignored it, smirking at the fact that he had to wear a crown he so obviously despised. Percy willed himself dry and sighed in relief when he saw the crown stay in it's hidden form. Percy checked his watch and his eyes widened in panic. "It's one o'clock! I missed Mom's lunch!" The girls' eyes went wide as well, and they all quickly got off their rocks. "We can finish this later, my house is on the private beaches. It's the blue one with a gray roof. You can just swim there, my parents know." Rikki whirled around. "What?!" Percy raised his left eyebrow while the other girls were silently panicking. "They've known about Greek mythology since I was twelve, and they saw me when I first changed. They won't tell anyone." The girls were still all startled, but relieved their secret wouldn't be revealed, anytime soon at least. Just as they were about to leave, Cleo though of something. "We know a few people who have stumbled upon our secret as well, I'll invite them over. I'm sure they would love to meet another guy." Percy smiled at her caring nature and nodded. "How many should I expect?" Cleo was glad he didn't seem panicked either. "Three others." He nodded and Cleo was the last of mermaids to disappear out into the ocean. Percy chuckled and sunk beneath the surface, morphing to fit his surroundings, and swam off, already making dinner plans.