Chapter Thirteen

Percy's POV

I smashed my head against the table with a groan. "Why does high school have to start tomorrow?! I was happy not doing anything." Bella and Cleo giggled while Rikki smirked. "It's because you're stupid. We can't have you not knowing how to count to ten forever. You'd never survive." I snickered and sat back up, folding my arms. "At least I can beat you in a swimming competition." Rikki rolled her eyes and leaned back, while Bella and Cleo smiled at each other 'secretly'. "What's up with you two?" Cleo choked on her drink and Bella smirked. "Ohh, nothing." She smirked and looked around innocently. Cleo was still trying to clear her throat, so I patted her semi-hard on the back. She gasped and took a small sip of her drink. "Thanks Perce." I nodded with a small smile. "Hey Em!" Rikki called out, and I looked towards the bar, seeing Emma behind the counter. "Cute hat." Emma rolled her eyes and gave a small smirk, while Rikki snickered. I chuckled and sipped my smoothie, enjoying the taste of blue raspberry. Hmm, blue. Everything good is blue. My tail, the ocean, my smoothie, seashells, my shirt, fish, my mom's cookies- oh, Mom's cookies are the best! I don't think anything else could compare... maybe Ambrosia, but those cookies would win by a landslide. Hm, landslides would be cool to try to ski down, though water slides would be even better. I wonder if they have an amusement park somewhere here? I haven't seen one ye- "Percy!" I grimaced, cursing ADHD. "What?" Rikki laughed while Cleo groaned. "You were out for five minutes. What were you thinking about?" I laughed nervously. "Yeah, that's another reason I don't want to go to school. I have severe ADHD and dyslexia. I'm basically that kid that no one wants in their classroom." Bella laughed and Cleo smiled. "That makes sense. I thought you were daft when you couldn't read the huge sign on the cabana." Rikki snickered and I pouted, giving her my baby seal eyes. "Yes, you're not stupid Percy. I know that." I chuckled, leaning back into my chair again. "Of course I'm not. How can someone look this stunning and not have an astounding brain to go along with it?" I gave a sassy pose, and all the girls giggled. "Why do we even have to go to school for so long?" Bella and Cleo sighed, while Rikki relaxed back like I was. "It's not like we'll be a danger to everyone if we go to school every other day or for a lesser amount of months. We don't even need to stay at school for seven hours anyway, what if it was only five, maybe four?" Rikki patted me on the shoulder, drinking her own smoothie. "I feel ya mate. I hate being stuck in a small building for such a long time; especially when we have glass windows showing us exactly what we're missing. It's like they were put there to torment and mock us." Rikki fake shivered and Bella snorted. "Whatever Rikki. I know for a fact that almost nothing can make you uncomfortable." Percy smiled wickedly and twisted painfully to lay his head in her lap. "What about now?" Rikki rolled her eyes and shoved Percy's head- accidentally pushing it right into the table. Percy hummed in annoyance and sat back up, making all the girls loose some color from their faces. "I thought it would work. So you really weren't uncomfortable by that?" I pouted while looking at Rikki pleadingly. "I'm uncomfortable now. Percy, do you realize you have a very deep gash in your forehead that is bleeding a lot?!" I furrowed my eyebrows and lifted my fingers to my hairline, coming back with red and gold lifeblood on my whole hand. I humped to myself and grabbed Bella's water. "Sorry, I kinda need this." I gave a ghostly Bella a sorry look before I dumped the glass over my head. I felt the semi-refreshing feeling of the water before my wound sucked it all up to heal my cut. It itched quite horribly for a second before it stopped and I knew it was healed. "Percy, you can't just be going around and doing that in public!" Cleo whispered harshly, concern and fear plain as day on her face. "Don't worry Cleo, I know. Demigods have an way of hiding in plain sight. How do you think we survived unknown for so many thousands of years?" I chuckled and once again leaned back in my chair. "It's called the Mist. Lady Hecate is it's goddess and she keeps us all safe. Some demigods can even control it to a certain extent, changing the Mist to make mortals think differently or see something as different than what it actually is. We don't use it unless it's an emergency though." Cleo and Bella nodded as if in a trance while Rikki smirked. "Can you make the man sitting next to us forget where he is temporarily?" I snickered, planning something much better. "Why do that when I can do this?" I snapped my fingers and the man screamed in terror. "Spider! There's a spider in my food!" Throwing the half-eaten sandwich away from him, the man started whacking the table with his plate randomly, seemingly trying to kill the 'spider'. I smirked and let the man think he had killed the 'spider' and that everything was alright now, it only was a one-time thing. He looked around in bewilderment and smiled sheepishly at everyone staring. "Sorry, I really don't like spiders." Everyone brushed him off and continued to eat, talk, hang, and drink. Rikki snorted into her hand while Bella and Cleo giggled. "Yes, that was very good. I might need your expertise with a few things, if you know what I mean." Rikki winked and elbowed me in my stomach. I smiled as Cleo rolled her eyes and forgot anything about the possibility of me not being mortal. "Well, it better not get in the way of your schoolwork. It is important we do well, as always." I groaned at Bella and smashed my head against the table, again. "Why?!"