Chapter Eleven

Percy's POV

"Sorry I'm late Mom, but we're going to be having guests tonight." I quietly shut the door and walked into the kitchen, where I could hear Mom cooking. "That's okay Percy. Who'd you meet? I'm sure Paul and I would love to meet them." I smiled and kissed Mom on the cheek before sitting down at the table. "You know how I was talking about Cleo?" I waited for my mom to nod before I continued. "Well, it turns out, she was looking for me, as well as three other mermaids. From how they were talking, they are the only mermaids here, and they hadn't told their parents. They were really scared when I said I told you, but after they calmed down, they wanted to meet you and then discuss more about my past." Mom nodded. "They didn't freak out?" I sighed at the memory, resting my head on the table. "No, but they didn't believe me, until I showed them my earthshaker powers and accidentally got a weird crown." Mom giggled and turned around, my lunch in her hands. "Here. But before you eat it, I want to see the crown." I whined in the back of my throat and gave her puppy dog eyes. Mom shook her head. "It's not going to work this time mister. I know your tricks, just show me the crown." I sighed and fingered my jewel necklace gently, I tugged and it vanished in my hand, being replaced by an odd weight on my head. My mom gasped when she saw it, and I smiled slightly. There was no denying it was a beautiful crown. I gently touched the crystal gems in between the seashells and felt them shimmer with the very essence trapped inside of the cave. I sighed and ate my lunch, allowing Mom to examine the crown as much as she pleased, it just didn't come off my head, that was practically impossible. As I was finishing, Mom finally spoke. "It's a very beautiful crown Percy, but you wear it so well. Alone it might be feminine, but wearing it, you make it more masculine. I'm very proud of you for becoming such a wonderful son." She hugged me as I stood up to put my dishes away, and I gave her an awkward hug as well, smiling at the compliment. I decided to clean my room up a bit, just to make sure it was clean for the guests.
About five hours of cleaning and worry later, I spied four tails in the water. I smiled and jumped off of the couch, racing out of the house. I jogged to the beach and quickly walked in, after looking both ways of course. I smiled at the girls and controlled the water around them to dry them off. "Come on, my mom can't wait to meet you... But where are the other three?" Cleo, Rikki, and Bella all grew dazed smiles on their faces while Emma smirked a bit. "They should be arriving any second now." I frowned at her smirk before my eyes widened and I sprinted back to my house, my prank senses tingling. The other girls were laughing behind me, walking down the path I crazily made. My mom gets annoyed when someone pulls a prank in her home, and my mom never gets mad, so annoyed is the worst option. She might not even make her blue cookies! My legs pumped faster and I ran around my house, towards the front door. Three things happened at once: my mom opened the door to welcome our guests, the black haired guy opened fire, and I dove to knock him down. I controlled the water to swirl around him and form handcuffs, which clasped onto his hands. I stepped up and smirked. I bowed towards my mother and grabbed her hand, kissing the back. "Once more, you are saved, my Lady." Mom dissolved into a fit of giggles as I laughed along, the girls just coming around the house. The black haired dude finally raised his voice to object. "Hey! What did you put on me? Get these off!" I laughed and snapped my fingers, the water flowing off his wrists and into the air around him. The two blondes looked on in slight surprise and Rikki tsked. "You really let him put you in water handcuffs Zane?" 'Zane' started to say something, but Rikki held her hand up. "Ah ah ah! No." Zane sighed and I chuckled, leaning closer to the more fit blonde. "Whipped." I quickly leaned away and he let out a surprise laugh. He gently nudged me and I laughed as well. By now, my mom was smiling knowingly, Rikki and Zane were glaring at me, the other blonde and Cleo were both confused, and Bella and Emma were smirking, probably already having figured out what I said. I shrugged my shoulders and stepped closer to my mom. "Please, come in. We can introduce ourselves in the living room." The confusion melted off of Cleo and Weak Blondie's face as they entered, but the other emotions just softened slightly, but Zane was still fuming. I snickered and sat down on the couch, next to my mom. "So... I'm Percy Jackson, son of Poseidon and half merman. What're your names?" Both blondes' eyes widened as shock filled their face, and Zane went from mad to amazed and jealous in a rather short time, I was honestly worried for him. Rikki, Bella, and Emma snickered while Cleo gently leaned into the weak blonde and Rikki gently hit Zane on the back, knocking him out of his trance. His glance became untrusting and I sighed. I lifted up water and made it coat the whole house while I used my earthquake powers to shake the living room floor. Everyone but my mom and me clutched the furniture in panic before the girls relaxed into it. I chuckled and let it stop, releasing my power over the water as it flew down the drain. A grudging respect filled his eyes and he grunted. "Zane." I nodded. "Hello Zane." I replied in monotone while Mom and Cleo giggled. I flashed my troublemaker smirk and his eyes sparked. "Oh, we're going to be good friends, I can tell." I laughed and looked towards the stronger blonde who was sitting next to Bella. "I'm Will, a free-diver and this cutie's boyfriend." He hugged Bella to his side and kissed her cheek, making Bella blush. I pretended to be disgusted. "No! My eyes! My eyes! Mom, where's the bleach?" I covered my eyes, while everyone laughed. I stopped and chuckled, leaning back on the couch. "So, I'm guessing Zane is Rikki's boyfriend too. What's your boyfriend's name Cleo?" The blonde imperceptibly scooted closer to Cleo and I smirked. "My name is Lewis. I am the scientist of this group." I scrunched up my nose. "Math, disgusting. You would be good friends with... Annabeth." Suddenly, my face widened in terror and I looked at Mom, my eyes horrified. She was looking at me sadly. "I love you Mom." She leaned forward and hugged me too. "I love you too Percy, try to make it back to me. I haven't been able to be with you for a decent year in so long." I laughed and stood up. "I need to go give a quick message, be right back. Mom, why don't you fill the boys in on my story?" Mom groaned and I laughed evilly, running towards my private bathroom. "I'll get you back Percy! Wait until I'm not pregnant!" I snickered and closed my bathroom door, having already grabbed a drachma from Noble. Let's just hope Annabeth is nice enough to let me live till then.