Chapter One

THIRD POV LIMITED

"Mom, why are we about to board a plane?" My mom sighed, rubbing her belly. "Percy, for the fiftieth time, Zeus promised not to shoot you out of the sky, and school starts in two weeks. No matter what you say, we would not be able to get to Australia in that time. With this plane ride, we will only be in the air for roughly twenty-two hours. Surely you will survive." I sighed and dropped my head, admitting defeat. "Fine, but why Australia again?" Mom smiled in exhaustion. "Because Percy, there aren't a whole lot of schools that want to take you with your track record. One of the schools that would also has a job opening for Paul. That school happened to be in Australia, and I want a new start away from the Greeks with your baby sibling. Plus, you're not old enough to live on your own yet, otherwise you could've stayed if you wanted." I smiled a little, laying my head on her shoulder. "It's okay Mom, I would have come anyway. I'm just a part of the sea, being so high in the air for such a long time will always frighten me." She smiled and started to doze off for a few minutes, only to be woken up by an announcement. "Would the Economy Class passengers of flight B thirty-seven please start boarding the plane now, thank you." We picked up our things, me carrying Mom's and my luggage, and followed Paul onto our personalized flying death trap. Lord Zeus, please don't shoot me out of the sky. I promise to try my best to not fly in your domain ever again, thanks. I took a deep breath and pushed all of our luggage above our heads, sitting down behind my mother and Paul. I tried to relax, but my stomach kept going crazy. I took rhythmic breathing, but was interrupted when a young woman and a toddler sat next to me. The little girl was wailing and the mother was trying her best to get the little one to quite down. As she took her next breath to scream, the baby girl's eyes opened and locked with mine. She stopped and stared at me in wonder. I chuckled and made a face, making her giggle. The Mom sighed with relief and exhaustion as I kept making faces, keeping the baby from annoying any more passengers. She reminded me of my mother and I, trying her best to give me everything I needed, I could see all of the stress in her stance. "Here, I can take her. You look like you need some rest." The mother's eyes narrowed as I smiled gently. She nodded slowly after a few minutes and I gently picked up the little angel. I tickled her feet and she giggled again, completely at ease in my arms. "What's her name?" The Mom smiled at me in pride and joy. "Her name's Carissa." My eyes widened but I smiled. "Tu loquerisne Latine?" (Trans: Do you speak Latin?) Her eyes widened. "Quod sic. Quam operor vos scire linguam?" (Trans: Yes. How do you know the language?) I laughed a bit and rubbed the giggling baby's nose lightly. "Pars mea Latina est." (Trans: My family is part Latin.) She smiled and brought her hand forward to shake. "In schola didici. Nomen mihi est Isabellam. Non est magni testimonii vos mane consurgens, sed vereor ne iam non possum. Bonam noctis gratia Carissa curae." (Trans: I learned in school. My name is Isabella. It was nice to meet you, but I'm afraid I can't stay awake any longer. Thank you for taking care of Carissa.) I was about to respond when she fell backward into her chair, slumping onto my shoulder, unconscious. I chuckled a little and went back to making the little girl laugh, completely forgetting that we were at least forty thousand feet in the air. Mom and Paul secretly watched me for a little while, smiling at my caring nature, before they both fell asleep as well, exhausted from all of the planning.

~Time Skip To End Of Flight~

As it were, Carissa fell asleep about seven hours after her mother did, and I snuck with them two hours after. Everyone but Carissa were awakened by the flight attendant as she politely asked us to buckle our seatbelts and turn off all electronic devices, as we were about to land in Australia. She thanked us one more time as I felt my stomach start to crawl up into my throat, the plane descending rapidly to land. My hands clenched painfully around the seat holders while Isabella tried to distract me with talk. "I never got to ask, what is your name?" I forcefully chuckled at her unease. "My name's Percy Jackson, ma'am." She giggled quietly. "Why are you in Australia then, Mr. Jackson?" The plane touched the landing pad and I heaved a sigh of relief. "My mom is pregnant and she wanted a fresh start. Somewhere peaceful, so we bought a house on a beach in Australia. Why are you here Mrs. Isabella?" The plane came to a stop and I completely relaxed, back on solid ground, finally. "Lecouphscke, and I am here to visit a friend of mine, get away from my job for a bit." I nodded as we waited to be allowed up from our seats. "An excellent a time as any to do so. Well, I'm afraid this is where we say our goodbyes, Mrs. Lecouphscke, I must be on my way. Goodbye little Clarissa." Mrs. Lecouphscke giggled as I did a mock bow and I waited for her to grab her luggage before I grabbed Mom and I's. As we walked off the boardwalk, Mrs. Lecouphscke gave her final goodbye. "Good bye Percy, and have a great day. Maybe we shall see each other again another time." I waved her off, smiling, as I stood next to Mom and Paul in the baggage claim. Possibly, for the Fates just love messing with me.