{31}

I quickly stood up, Connor not far behind me as I smiled at the doc and walked into Evan's room. I heard Connor say a thanks but stared at Evan.

His eyes were slightly sunken in and his skin was pale. Almost as pale as like a vampire or something. He saw me, and his usually bright blue eyes were a duller shade of blue but they light up at the sight of both me and Connor.

"Jared... Connor..." his voice was hoarse and scratchy.

I smiled, "Hey dude. Don't you look like shit?"

He smiled, "And I feel like shit."

Connor made a small gasp, "Woah, Evan. You actually swore."

Evan opened his mouth to say something but saw Connor's little kitten and let out a squeal. Well I guess he can still do that.

I saw the kitten flinch and look in his direction.

Evan smiled at the cat as Connor walked closer and got the small thing from out of his shirt.

I swear this guy has a cat fetish or something.

The kitten stared at Evan before bounding around on his bed and over his legs. It tripped and tumbled on top of his left ankle, shook then got back up. I was watching it's movements when I realized it was missing it's left leg. I instantly felt pity for the small thing.

"Oh my god it's adorable!" Evan squeals, petting it as the cat bounded closer to his hands.

Connor smiled at Evan, "Boy or girl?" Evan asked looking at Connor.

"Boy."

Oh so it's a he.

"What's his name?" Evan asked, scratching behind his ears, making the kitten purr really loud.

"Oh, I didn't name him yet. I was hoping you guys would help me think of a name." Connor says, looking at both Evan and I then back at the kitten.

My mouth slowly melted into a grin as I looked at Connor. He furrowed his eyebrows at me.

"You should name him Kinky."

"Hell no."

"What about Bonsai?" Evan says quietly.

Connor looked at him then to the cat, "Hmm no."

"Okay.. um.. what about Birch? Or Oak? Or maybe Pine? Or Aspen- wait no, that's a girl's name." Evan mumbles.

Connor was staring at the cat.

"What about Gay?" I say, grinning at him.

"No Jared."

"Okay, how about Bath? Or Bomb? NO! WHAT ABOUT BOWLING?!" I shout, grinning.

"Ok Jared, you have no say in his name." Connor says.

I pout and puff my cheeks out. "No fair."

"Life isn't fair." Connor replies.

"True." I say.

"Michael? Or Alex? Or maybe Max? Ooo or Jax!" Evan starts listing names.

"No they sound too.. I don't know.. not like they fit him." Connor says, trying to find the right words.