Chapter 6 - Welcome to the Big City

Naga dashed out of the boat and I saw the faces of the surprised men.

            “Thank you!” I said to them as I rode off.

            I saw Shin waving so I waved back. I had to head to Air Temple Island, that where Tenzin lives. While heading to an area we could see the temple I saw so many building and people.

            “I have never seen so many Sato-mobiles in my life! This is amazing!” I said under my breath.

            The cars were loud and the fumes they gave off smelled gross, but this is the city life. I’m going to have to get used to it.

            I continued to a pier not far from where the boats were. I saw the island of Avatar Aang. The statue of Aang stood tall and was symbolic to the city. He did save the world so yeah, the man deserves a statue! I still can’t believe he is my past life! It’s truly amazing!

            To the left of the statue was Air Temple Island.

            “There it is Naga, Air Temple Island. That’s where Tenzin lives. Girl, want to go for a swim?” I said to Naga.

            Naga smelled something and started moving her head towards. She started running towards the smell of food.

            “Fine, food first. Temple later!” I yelled.    

            She ran to a small hut that had the smell of meat. She pushed her head into the curtains of the hut and she was just about to eat the food.

            “Naga, no!” I yelled

            “We will take one of everything!” I said while taking the food.

            “That will be forty yuans.” The shop keeper said.

            “Uh… I have no money…”

            “Then what use are you to me!”

            I jumped on Naga’s back again and we walked off.

            “Don’t worry girl, we will find food eventually.” I reassured Naga.

            I walked for an hour and I still couldn’t find food. We walked through the jungle made of buildings and my stomach was growling louder than the Sato-mobiles. I noticed a park nearby. It had a pound and I realized, where there is ponds… there are fish!

            “Naga! I think I found food!” I yelled.

            I snapped the reins and Naga ran to the park. We crossed a bridge and went through the park gates. It was a huge wooded area with a huge pond. In the center of the park was a fountain and trees filled the rest of the park. It was huge!

            “Naga, there! I see the fish!” I said in an excited tone.

            I was so hungry that I jumped in and grabbed three fish. I found some sticks and pierced the fish from the tail to the head. I then fire bended the fish to perfection!

            “Maybe I should write in my journal…” I said to myself.

___________________________________________________________________

Entry 7

Day 6

            It has been a few hours since I have arrived in Republic City. It is a huge place full of huge potential. The first thing I did was admire the amazing city and the Sato-mobiles. I have never seen so many Sato-mobiles in my life! Truly amazing!

            Trying to find Air Temple Island wasn’t that hard, you know… because it’s an island. While looking for the island I saw the Avatar Aang Memorial Island. I stayed for a bit to admire the wonderful things he has done and to admire my past life. I still can’t get over that he is my past life!

            Naga ended up being hungry. I was a bit angry because I wanted to go to the island as soon as possible. I noticed I was hungry as well… Haha. We tried to get food from a small stand, but we had no money so now we are sitting in a park near a pond, fishing for fish. Luckily with my fire bending I can easily cook the fish!

            I keep hearing a noise in the bushes… I’ll write later.

 _______________________________________________________________________________

            “Umm, excuse me? Is anyone there?” I asked.

            The bush moved and a man hopped out. He was wearing ragged clothing and seemed dirty.

            “Hello there! Mind if I have one of them fish?” The strange man asked.

            “Oh, sure. Here.” I responded as I handed him one of the freshly cooked fish.

            “So… do you live in that bush?”

            “Well yes, but not for long. It took me a while to find a bush that amazing. See this park is popular with all the Vagabonds.”

            “There are more of you?”

            “Why yes!”

            While talking to the man I heard someone in the distance.

            “Hey! You can’t fish there!” The voice said.

            I turned and saw it was a police officer.

            “Got to go!” I yelled as I jumped on Naga.

            We ran away and headed back into the city. We found a street and we had no idea where we were.

            I walked to a music store and asked an Elderly Woman directions to Air Temple Island.

            “Excuse me, I’m lost. How do I get to Air Temple Island.” I asked.

            “Just follow this street and make a left and-“

            The Woman was interrupted by the sound of a Sato-mobile. It raced down the street and stopped at the store next to us. It was a very fancy car. It was red with gold trim. Three men stepped out. One looked like a water bender; one looked like a fire bend and the last one looked like an earth bender.

            The women continued to talk to me.

            “You should get moving, Young Lady!” She said to me with a worried expression.

            My first big event in the city, and I don’t know what to do.

            Do I help fight them off or run?