Chapter 1 - The Beginning

Hey guys. This book will be a Diary of Avatar Korra, from the hit show, The Legend of Korra. It wil be a narration of her adventures and discoveries. 

Each Chapter will have one (or two) journal entry:

Entry x

Day x

Enjoy!

_________________________________________________________________________________

Entry 1

Day 1

            My name is Korra and I am from the Southern Water Tribe. I have always been told I was special and I am capable of great things. Being from the Southern Water Tribe I am a water bender and so are my mother and father. Being able to bend water is one thing, but when I turned eight I noticed a change in my strength. I was able to bend the other elements. This is something that really surprised my mother and father. They were all happy and excited because they said I was the Avatar.

            Being eight years old, I had no idea what the Avatar was. The only thing I knew about the Avatar was that he or she was the strongest bender. I remember clearly one night the Order of the White Lotus came to our door. This order was an ancient group that protected the art of bending. They arrived at my door and asked my parents if I was the one, the one being the Avatar. All I can recall was bending a rock past them and throwing fire and water around.

            I remember yelling, “I am the Avatar! You better believe it!”

            I was such a rambunctious child. With the discovery of me being the Avatar, I was taken to a compound. In this compound I trained in the art of earth and fire bending. I still live on this stupid compound and of course I am not allowed to leave. Well I have to get back to practice. I will hopeful continue the writing of this journal every day.

_______________________________________________________________________  

  As I walked outside into the cold artic air, I pulled my coat up and tied the neck in order to contain heat. I was to practice earth bending today with Master Yu. Master Yu was one of the greatest earth benders in the world. He was taught by Toph Beifong, a young earth bender who helped save the world from the Fire Nation. I walked passed the main house and continued through the two feet deep snow. I finally reached the rocky court yard.

            “Ah, Korra. Good morning. Did you sleep well?” Master Yu asked.

            “Good morning. Yes I did sleep well and I am ready for some training!” I responded with a polite bow.

            “Perfect. We are going to work on some strength exercises. The first task is to earth bend one of these boulders and keep it in the air for a long period of time.”

            “Uh… what now… you want me to lift a boulder and keep it there. What is this going to accomplish?”

            “Patients Korra. This will help strengthen your spiritual energy.”

            “Blah blah spiritual blah. I don’t need to know the spiritual side of bending. I’m already good at the physical side.”

            “Nonsense, the Avatar must master both! Now start practicing, your fire bending lesson is in an hour with Master Cho.”

            “Pfft, whatever…”

            I really never cared for the spiritual side of bending. It sounded like such a waste of time. I was already strong, but I need to become strong before Master Katara arrives to give me my final evaluation. Master Katara is the wife of Avatar Aang, who passed away about seventeen years ago, the day I was born. It is hard to comprehend that I have lived so many lives, being the Avatar and all is actually cool!

            After practicing earth bending, I left the rocky courtyard and headed to the arena. It wasn’t an arena, but more like a larger courtyard with a huge fire nation symbol in the center. I walked again through the two feet deep snow, but before I went to see Master Cho; I left to see Naga. Naga is my polar bear dog, and she has been with me for years. I approached Naga and she came to me and licked my face.

            “Good girl Naga! I have missed you! I have a fire bending lesson I have to go to. I will be back to take you for a walk!” I said as I pet Naga’s forehead.

            I headed to the fire bending lesson. I passed by so many White Lotus guards and many other benders. I was always curious of what would happen if I left. I have always wanted to leave and visit Republic City.

            I walked on the brick path leading to the dueling area. There Master Cho sat, meditating.

            “Good Afternoon, Master Cho!” I yelled.

            Master Cho fell over, “Oh please… it’s not like I was mediating…”

            “I’m ready for my fire bending lesson!”

            “I see, well let’s begin. It is not long till Master Katara comes to evaluate you. Let’s practice some dueling.”

            “Alright. Let’s get this started!”

            Master Cho came right at me and shot out a wheel of fire. I directed the fire back at him. The fire was very hot that it burned the ends of my hair. He through fireball after fireball, and I deflected every single one. I finally kicked a wave of fire over him and this ended the match. I had one with the last attack.

            “Very good! Very good!” Master Cho said as he applauded my performance.

            “Thank you, Master.” I responded with a bow.

            “Now get some rest, Korra. Master Katara will be here tomorrow. We need to have you well rested.”

            “Good night, Master Cho.”

            “Good Night, Korra.”

            I dragged myself to bed placed my journal on my bag. I told myself I was going to write in the morning. Well one day of training is over and tomorrow I am getting evaluated. I need all the luck I can get!