Chapter 23

Ryoku POV
"Maybe I can help." I called out. They turned their heads. The skeleton looked at me in disgust. His eye glowed blue. "What the hell do you want!?" Sans asked me. "Relax, I'm not here to fight. I know what I did was wrong but... I want to help Y/N!" I told them. Sans expression changed from a look of anger to shock. "What? What are you trying to pull?!" Sans asked me. "Nothing allow me to explain." I requested. "Sans let him talk... if it will help Y/N then we should hear him out! What did he do anyways?" The tan girl asked. "He attacked me and Y/N. He tried to kill us!" Sans said. "What!?" She asked in surprise. "I know... and I regret it.. my actions.. are unforgivable! But I want to repent and fix my mistakes and helping Y/N is the least I can do!" I told them. "Why do you want to help anyways?" Sans asked suspiciously. I sighed. "Listen... Y/N used to be my best friend a while back.." I said. They were all in shock at what I said. "This will be explained easier by a visual." I said. I closed my eyes and transferred my thoughts to them so they would see the

~flashback to 4 years ago~

Ryoku and Y/N were finished training. "Heh. That was a good workout Y/N!" Ryoku said. "Yeah, it's fun training with you!" Y/N replied. They both chuckled and walked together. They would help people in need and hangout having fun with each other. "You know... master was pretty mad when we drew that mustache on him while he was sleep!" Y/N remembered. Ryoku laughed. "Hehehehe! He was like: "You darn kids! My date won't be interested in me like this!" Ryoku impersonated. They both laughed. "But then we had to run 20 laps with 1000 lbs weights..." Y/N said as he sweat dropped. "Yeah... he's probably still washing off that mustache!" Ryoku said. Y/N stood up. "Ryoku..." Y/N started. "Yeah?" Ryoku asked. "You're best friend... and nothing will ever change that." Y/N told him as he hugged Ryoku. Ryoku was taken back and lightly blushed. Then he smiled. "Thanks. The feeling is mutual." Ryoku said as he hugged back. 

However...

Ryoku was walking alone home. He kept walking until he bumped into someone. "Huh? Oh sorry dude." Ryoku said. "It's fine, I was looking for you anyways Ryoku..." The man said. "How do you know my name?" Ryoku said as he backed up. The man walked closer. "You wish to be stronger than your father right? The 9th dragon God?" Zenshi asked. Ryoku said nothing. "You're nowhere near that power and probably never will be. But with my help, you can be!" The man told him. "What do you mean?" Ryo asked. "If you work with me and help me on my goal.. I'll help you with YOUR goal! You scratch my back. I scratch yours. How about it?" The man asked. Ryo backed away once again unsure of this. "Who even are you!?" Ryo asked. "The name is Zenshi." Zenshi told him. "What is your goal." Ryo asked. "This world is disgusting. Is will change this world into MY image. I will change EVERYTHING. And I'll start my wiping out lesser life forms like... humans." Zen said. Ryo eyes widened. "N-Never! I won't work with you! I can become strong on my own!" Ryo said and ran past him. Zen flash stepped in front of him. But you have great potential... so I won't take no for an answer. He took a needle out and injected him with it. Ryoku's eyes became soulless. "This will help you see things my way." Zen said. Ryo nodded. "Yes master." Ryo said with no emotion.

The next day the  village was under attack. Zen was leading the attack. Everyone was in panic. The soldiers and warriors went out to fight off their enemies. Everything was in chaos at this point. It left Y/N and Ryoku. Y/N looked their friend in disbelief. "Ryoku... why?" They asked. "Y/N... this is the first step in making this world at the zenith of beauty. Why can you not see that?" Ryo asked. "Because it's wrong! You shouldn't be killing people because of your own self centered values! That isn't even your thinking! It's Zenshi's thinking! And he's brainwashing you! Why can't you see THAT?!" They asked. "Y/N it's simple. You're either with me or against me!" Ryo told them. Y/N's hair flashed red and his dragon tail sprouted out. "I'll save you Ryoku... no matter how long it takes! Even if it means BEATING sense into you!" Y/N said as his teeth sharpened and eyes turned red. Ryoku's hair turned purple and tail grew out. "Fine then. Your choice!" Ryo said. They charged at each other and the memory ended

~flashback ends~

"So... that's how it was huh?" Sans asked. I nodded. "The effect of the needle finally wore off today. I escaped to find Y/N. It seems like you could use some help." I told them. "If you're willing... then yes." Sans said. He looked at everyone else. They all nodded their head in agreement. "Well now that we're all ready..." Gaster started. He snapped his fingers and suddenly we were all in a void of some sort.

Gaster POV
I teleported us all to the void and I started waking, signaling them to follow. "Where are going dad?" Sans asked. "You'll see." I told him. We walked father until I saw the gray version of Frisk. "Core." I spoke to her. Core turned around. "Hello Gaster. I see you have brought guests." Core said. I nodded and Frisk went to Core. "Woah! You look just like me!" Frisk said. "I am an alternate version of you. Naturally I look like you. Now what have you all come here for?" Core asked. "We need to find Y/N L/N. The one from the original." I said. Core took a minute and spoke up once again. "They're in UnderSwap. And it seems they've met their UnderSwap version of them self. "Can you take us there?" I asked. Core nodded and in a flash everyone except me because I am apart of the void was sent to UnderSwap.