Chapter 8

A/N: back to the pronoun 'they' this time because it's not fair to female readers

Frisk POV
I have been waiting for Y/N for about an hour now. I wonder what's taking them so long, are they in trouble? Or was it because of me? I told him out of the blue that this was his home now. Then when I thought he was objecting, I tried to hurt him. Was I filled with too much determination? I started to feel guilty. He's probably thinks I'm an inconvenience to him. It's not like this is the first time this happened. I started to flashback to the genocide route. I'm useless. I started to cry, but at that moment the door opened.

Y/N POV
Sans and I made our way to the house and opened the door to see a tear stained Frisk.
"Frisk?" You asked. She turned around to face her back towards me. Did I make her mad. "Kid, you okay?" Sans spoke up.
"I'm fine." She replied
"Why don't you say that to my face?" Sans asked.
"Frisk are you sure you're okay?" I joined in. She just nodded her head as a response. I walked up to her, grabbed her shoulders and spun her around. She had puffy red eyes from crying. I grew worried. "What happened, did someone hut you?" I asked. She had a guilty look on her for some reason. "Why would you be worried about someone like me?" She asked. I was confused. "Of course I'm worried, you're my friend!" I replied.
"I made you come live at a new home without even asking you." She said.
"It's not like I had a choice, Frisk. You saved me." I told her. "I was just kidding about that."
"But, I almost hurt you." She said grimly.
She frowned even more.
"Why would you think someone like me  is a friend to you, give me at least one reason." She told me. I thought about it for a minute. "Frisk..." I started. She looked up. "OF COURSE YOUR MY FRIEND!" I exclaimed. "You're so nice to everyone, you help people in need, and on top of all that, you freed the monsters." I told her. "Besides, you taught me that no matter how much the odds are against you..."

"As long as you're determined, you can still win." I reminded her.
Her face looked so surprised, that her eyes were opened up.
"Y-You remember that I said that?" She asked.
"Yeah, it was like a few years ago, I heard it on the news or something. But anyways, after I heard that I trained my butt off to get crazy strong!" I told her. "I was so inspired by you that I felt this weird feeling inside me that made me think I could anything!" I continued. "I guess that was determination flowing inside me!" I said with smile. Frisk just stood there. So did I. We didn't talk for four minutes until Frisk spoke up.
"T-thank you Y/N." She finally said.
"Your wel-"
Before I could say anything else, she pulled me into another kiss. But this one felt different...
More genuine
More passionate
She broke away with a huge blush on her face. You could probably mistake her for a tomato.
"GOODNIGHT Y/N, WE DON'T HAVE ANY OTHER ROOMS, SO YOU CAN SLEEP ON THE COUCH TONIGHT! SORRY, BYE!" She said very fast and ran off upstairs. I felt hand on my shoulder. "Good job Y/N." He said. "Thank you for making her feel better." He said. I nodded. "If there's anything you need, you need you can always come to me."
"That depends, am I gonna have to pay you?" I asked with a frown. Sans shook his head. "Nah, for you, it's free." He said. "Well, g'night Y/N."
He went to go upstairs, but there were already footsteps going downstairs. It was Toriel and she was tired. A/N: It's 8:50 right now. "Sans, did I hear Frisk crying?" She asked. Then, she looked at me. "Oh, hello Y/N, welcome to our house and your new home I suppose."