7. The king with his flaws

Start from the beginning

And he is sorry, he is sorry for doing all those things, he is sorry for taking wrong decisions, for making people cry.

"River?"

He closed his eyes once again when he heard her voice.

Faye Lockwood. He didn't understand the girl, he never succeeded to. That girl is practically breaking, her heart is already shattered, she is somewhere fragile but... even after all this, no one ever got the opportunity to witness her broken self, her ruined self. They only see the perfect queenbee, don't they? They only see the perfect smile, the hot blondie, the slut, the whore, the bitch, the conqueror, the golden girl.

As much he wants to deny, he cannot, he cannot erase the fact that she's one of those very few reasons cause of whom he actually exist, cause of whom he is here. She saved him a year ago and somewhere she still is.

"River, are you okay?" This time, he turned around and looked at her. Not a single emotion flickering in his features.

"Go to your pretty boy Lockwood, I don't need you here." He said, a glare occupying his hard features.

She felt hurt by his words, "What happened, River?" She asked, pure concern laced in her voice.

In response, he laughed dryly, "Nothing princess, nothing."

Walking towards him, even she leaned in the fences, 'I saw Jonah walking out of here... glad to know that River Blake is still that delusional monster." Venom was injected in her each and every word.

River didn't say a word at that.

For some minutes, they remained like that, none of them trying to break the silence.

"River, River, say something." Her voice was small and soft this time, a kind of care visible in her eyes.

A sigh escaped from his lips, his hands making its way to his brown hairs, "They called yesterday..." And Faye's eyes narrowed by a fraction.

It can't be them, right? It can't be...

"As in your mom?" She finally asked him. And when he gave her a look, she sighed, "Sorry, it was... just..."

"Unexpected I know."

Yes, yes, it was his mother.

She gave him a small smile, asking him to continue, "Ah, so... Dad and Zach were not home and I was just getting ready for the pub when the phone rang... It was my sister Faye..."

She looked up and meet his eyes, those who looked too tired, "She said that she don't want to talk to me, that she never meant to call me... I just listened, she said that today it's her birthday and she wanted to invite Zach, I listened, she said that it should only be him, I listened..."

"River..." And when she was going to say something, he stopped her abruptly.

"That's not the end, my mom came to the line after that and she... she asked me how everyone was, I... I said we are fine, she said that's good and... and we actually made an conversation... but, when she was just going to ask me something, my sister came to the line once again and... and she said she hates me. I am not jealous Faye but... but she made me feel like I don't deserve living in this world. I have not seen Annalise for two freaking years and she loathes me, thinks I am the fucking reason behind her father's death. I am sorry Faye, I am fucking sorry for being in the same car as him, I... I really am." And Faye watched as tears streamed down from his eyes.

Those tears said it all.

She wrapped her hands around him. She was sorry, sorry cause somewhere, somewhere she felt like he don't deserve all this.

His silent tears suddenly broke into small sobs. She knew he has been holding this for too long. She knew he's breaking, he's falling apart.
************************************

Am really really sorry for not updating... Reason?

Well, *scratching the back of my head*

Cause I was way too lazy to do that.

I know, I know, it's lame but dude that's the truth.

I am sorry, once again.

And well, thanks for more than 100 reads in less than 2 weeks. I really really love you all. You all rock.

Ps: am gonna go into a major editing process after this book will be completed. Till then, sorry for the shitty grammar.

Love, share, comment, vote, fan

©tomboy_16