7. The king with his flaws

Start from the beginning

"Were you with River?" She asked venomously.

"Oh, I had just came here to smoke, that's all." Being the chemistry teacher's son, it makes it quite difficult for Faye to take any action towards Jonah. Along with that, Faye felt like it is not really his fault that River was quite addicted to all those things.

"I want you to shove this under your thick skull, no matter what happen, you're not going to be anywhere near around him. I want you to be ten feet away from him, always. And if through any source, I get to know that you are selling all these once again, you know perfectly well what I am capable of."

At response, Jonah threw a dry laugh and looked at Faye with mock sympathy, "Honestly, I don't mind being away from him but Faye, will he able to save himself from all these." And throwing her a wink, he started to walk away, singing to himself.

She was scared, scared of the River that she had met one year ago. Wasted, broken, ruined, wounded. He was once worse than what he is today and getting into all these once again, drugs and fights, somewhere appeared as the first step to Faye which will led him to his destruction, once again.

'Will he be able to save himself from all this... '

Jonah's words rang in her head.

He will save himself, he will have to and if... if, one way or another, he will give up, she will be there, she will be there to rise him once again.
************************************

He took a deep drag of his cigarette that he was holding between his two fingers, his eyes watching the positions of his fellow team mates that were on the soccer field, preparing for the afternoon match.

He was better now, much better.

Turning around, he leaned on the fence that surrounded the whole terrace.

He didn't understand, he didn't understand why God was so unfair to him, why his life was destined to be so wounded, so ruined, so filthy.

His mother left him, his sister hates him, his stepmother, who was like a fairy godmother for him, died and his father, he loath him to bits.

He blew out the smoke, his warm hazel eyes watching as the smoke blended with the air.

Crushing the cigar, he threw it, not caring about where it will fall.

It was enough for today, he thought.

He started to walk towards the other end, through which one can't only see the whole school campus but also the woods that was a brief walk away from the campus.

He liked coming here during school hour, it helped him to get his mind out of things, of things like that happened today.

Even thinking about today's event made the heat under him evaporate. Valentino didn't have any right to talk about her like that, to humiliate her like that.

How he wished he could beat the hell out of him.

Taking deep breathes, he closed his eyes, his mind whirling around each and every incident that occurred in these two days.

His mind whirled to yesterday's evening...

After a second or two, when he opened his eyes, a cool breeze blew, making him feel too unreal and somewhere... calm.

He had already lost hope and he somewhere believed that it will be a miracle if his world flipped in his favor. He had committed mistakes, millions and millions of them. He teared people apart, he broke millions of heart, he had betrayed thousands, he had ruined hundreds of lives.