Chapter Forty-Three.

Harry's POV

I watched her. She ran around the gym like she was supposed to, pushing stray hairs that fell from her ponytail out of her face. I leaned against the wall, my eyes glued to the beauty that is Ella.

I cringed as Blair approached me, putting her hands on my chest. I grabbed her wrists and pushed them off of me, taking off into a run and catching up with Ella.

There was something in her eyes. She had become sad over something and I don't know why.

"Ella?" I said her name questioningly and she picked up her pace even though both of us knew I could very easily catch up with her.

"Don't run away from me.." I mumbled lowly but I know she heard. I looked around the gym for any signs of why she's being like this and my eyes landed on her. Blair. Fuck her.

"What did she say to you?" I asked her but she didn't answer. I sighed and stopped my running, grabbing her wrists to stop her with me as everyone ran past us.

"Ella, please," I whispered, putting my hand onto her face and wiping the falling tears from her eyes, the ones that couldn't even make contact with mine.

I leaned in close, trying to kiss her pain away but when our lips had barely even touched each others, she had pulled away, shaking her head feverishly.

And then she ran. She ran all the way out of the gym and I watched her. I didn't know what to do next. The teacher yelled out at her but everyone easily gave up, returning to their activities.

I pulled on my hair, pacing around the wooden floor of the gym and felt relieved as class ended and I was back in my usual clothes.

I ditched for the rest of the day, declining the offer to join Niall, Liam and Zayn at the bar. I couldn't do that again.

I sighed and drove around town in my car, passing Ella's house countless amount of times just to see if she was home.

But feeling pathetic, I drove back home.

I sat on my couch, pulling out my cell and dialing Ella's number, staring at the contact that showed up on the phone.

"No, fuck no," I mumbled. A phone call isn't enough.

I stood up, pacing around my house, tugging at my hair.

I knew what I had to do. I was just too scared to actually push myself to do it.

Giving in, I walked upstairs, grabbing my acoustic guitar and carrying it downstairs with me. I walked out, locking my door behind me and walking down the stairs, the drizzle of rain now a pouring roar.

I got soaked before I reached my car, getting in and starting the engine, driving to Ella's house and parking a block away so she wouldn't suspect me.

I caught Melissa walking out, getting in her car and I ducked in the bushes so she wouldn't see me as I approached the house. As soon as her car was out of sight, I walked around the house and to where Ella's window is, my clothes uncomfortably sticking to my body, my hair in my face, drips of water falling from the drenched now barely curls. But I didn't care.

I had to do this.

I picked up rocks from the ground like they do in the cliché movies, lightly throwing them on her window, making a thump on the glass.

She finally appeared through the glass, wearing my sweater as her jaw dropped at the sight of me, tears streaming down her face.

********

instagram: serenityxky