Chapter Eighteen.

Ella's POV

I woke up as my iPhone blared "You Need Me I Don't Need You" by Ed Sheeran. I tried to get up but realized I was sprawled on top of someone, their arms gripped around my waist. Harry.

We must have fallen asleep on the couch last night and somehow ended up like this. My head rested on his tattoo covered his chest, trying to get out of his grip without waking him. I put my hands on his, which were resting on his, slowly picking them up and resting them on his sides. I crawled off of him, turning off my alarm. I set it for 30 minutes early for me to go to breakfast with Carter before school but that's not happening. I walked into Harry's kitchen to see what I could make for him. I found pancake mix and got everything out for me to make them. I don't even know why I'm doing this and I hope he's not mad I'm using his kitchen.

--

After burning about 5 pancakes, I managed to make two decent ones for him and putting them on a plate on his bar table thing for him to eat.

I quickly washed the dishes I used, along with the ones already in the sink, cleaning his stove and straightening up the room before nibbling on an apple, throwing away the core and walking back in the living room, seeing Harry sprawled out on his couch the way I left him, his lips parted slightly.

"Harry," I said, lightly shaking his shoulder to wake him up. His eyes fluttered open, a yawn escaping his lips as he sat up.

"It smells good," He said in a raspy, tired voice. He eventually stood up, walking in the kitchen and saw the pancakes sitting on the table.

"You didn't have to-"

"It's fine." I said, "Um, do you mind if I get ready here?" I asked and he nodded. He told me where the bathroom was and I walked into the bathroom before heading upstairs to the bathroom where he said it was. I opened the door and turned the light on, shutting the door behind me and locking it so I could change. Good thing I showered last night.

--

After dressing in skinny jeans and a white long sleeved V-neck, I put on my black beanie over my now straight hair after running the straightener through it, and slipping on my black Vans. I walked out of the bathroom, almost colliding with a now dressed Harry, wearing a black V-neck and skinny jeans, converse covering his feet.

"Sorry." I mumbled, walking past him downstairs.

I grabbed my phone, seeing a text from Carter.

From: Carter

-Ella! Where the hell are you? You aren't home and you needed somewhere to stay! Please tell me you didn't sleep on the street.

I laughed to myself before replying.

To: Carter

-Relax. I was actually thinking about it Haha. No, I stayed somewhere.

I put my phone in my pocket, grabbing my bag and heading out the door to walk to school before Harry's voice stopping me.

"Don't you need a ride?" He asked and I shook my head.

"I'll be fine-"

"Ella," He sighed, "Let's go."

I gave in, walking outside to see his car nowhere in sight.

"Um.." I started.

"In the garage." He said and I nodded, following him inside and getting in the passenger side of his usual black Range Rover and turning on the engine.

We drove to school in silence, the only sounds in the car being the faint music of the radio.

"Ella," Harry spoke up as we drove.

I looked to him and he looked back at me before turning back to the road.

"We need to talk about it," He said and I nodded, knowing he wouldn't leave it alone.

"Did, Did you mean it when you said it?" He asked me and I sighed, playing with the ends of my hair.

"I-I don't know," I answered truthfully, "At the time, it just came out, but I think I know now." I said and he looked over at me in confusion.

"Well..." He said as we approached the school.

"I think it's true, but I can't be around you Harry. I'm sorry but it hurts too much. Not like you wanted to hang out with me anyways but it's too embarrassing." I said, my eyes refusing to look over at him as he parked.

"El-" he started but I was already out of the car and walking at a fast pace into the school.

I walked into English, sitting in my seat beside Carter who was already seated and slouching in my seat.

--

"El." Carter whispered to me but I ignored him.

"Ella!" He whisper-yelled.

"What?" I bursted out loud. Oops.

"Aubriella," The teacher said and I cringed at my full name, "Do you need to have a detention today?"

"No ma'am." I said.

"Well, I suggest you be quiet." She said and I rolled my eyes. What's her problem?

"Yeah, Aubriella." Carter said from beside me and I glared at him. He knows I hate that name. I also hate it when teachers want to call me Aubrey. I like Ella, it's simple and that pretty much describes me. I'm simple and awkward, really.

We were finally released from class and me and Carter both went our separate ways before we saw each other again in Gym.

--

During Lunch, me and Carter chatted, deciding to sit outside in the courtyard today since it wasn't cold nor rainy.

"So, where were you?" Carter asked me.

"Long story." I mumbled and he looked at me.

"Ella."

"Carter."

"So I heard you had a date tonight." He sent me a cheeky smile and I playfully slapped his arm.

"It's just Jake. We're going to the fair." I said.

"Mhm. But what about Harry?" Carter asked curiously.

"What about him?"

"You love him." He smiled at me and I rolled my eyes.

I groaned, leaning into Carter as we laid back on the grass, finding shapes in the clouds.

**************

This was sort of a filler chapter.

At this moment, it is 12:53 AM. It's tomorrow, technically so here's your update!

I love youuu.

instagram: serenityxky

I will try updating soon! Byeeee.<3