Chapter Three.

Ella's POV

"Ella, are you okay with this arrangement?" Mr. Smith, our Principal said. I hadn't been paying attention to what he was saying.

"Huh?"

"I said, are you okay with tutoring a student of our choice every morning before school?" He told me.

"Oh, yeah. Of course." I smiled, before I was dismissed and walked out of his office.

"Look who it is." Harry said rudely behind me, and I turned around to face him.

"Why are you even in here, Harry?" I snapped. I felt sort of bad for being so rude, but he was rude first.

"Apparently I have to have a fucking tutor now. Why am I even explaining myself to you?"

Oh no. "Great." I muttered under my breath, before turning back around to walk away.

"What did you just say?" He growled behind me. I ignored him and started walking out of the office before my arm was harshly grabbed from behind me. "Let go of me." I said, but his grip just got tighter.

"Watch it, Ella. Just stay away from me."

"Gladly." I gave him a sarcastic smile before ripping my arm out of his harsh grip, starting to walk away once again before he put his leg out, making me trip.

"Asshole." I said before successfully walking out of the office. I pulled my long sleeve up to show my throbbing arm, seeing red marks from his grip, already forming a bruise. I groaned, pushing my sleeve back down and walking back to my class.

--

When my final class came around, we were all assigned a project with our lab partners that we were getting today.

"Okay, so you may choose your partners but if you get too inappropriate, then I will choose them for you." Mrs. Cline announced. Everyone paired up with their friends, and since we had an odd number and Carter wasn't in this class, I was alone.

"Mr. Styles and Mr. Horan, please separate. I already know you two won't work. I was informed that you, Harry, were given a tutor. Is this person in this class?" Mrs. Cline said.

"Uh," Harry started, searching the classroom until his eyes landed on me. "Yes ma'am. She is." He sneered before slumping out of his chair and sitting in the one next to me, leaving Niall to do his project alone. Both of them looked at me, giving me a death glare.

"Mrs. Cline, I can work by myself." I said politely.

"I know what you are capable of, Ella. But, I would like for you to work with the student you are tutoring." I was about to argue but I just nodded, walking back over to my chair and sitting down. We both stayed silent so I decided to speak up.

"I don't expect you to do anything so I'll do it myself." I said, refusing to look at the rude boy next to me.

"I'm not making you do it by yourself. I'll help. You can come to my class after school and I'll come to yours before school to tutor me." He said, his voice normal and not rude like I had expected. But I wasn't having it.

"Oh, how nice. You're going to put bruises on my arm one minute and the next you're trying to help. I'll do it myself. You're off the hook. I'll even do Niall's, just stay away from me and I'll be fine." I snapped.

"Bruises?" He questioned. Oops. Did I really say that out loud?

"Don't act like you care. But, fine. You can help. Here's my number," I scribbled down my cell number on a piece of paper. "And I'll meet you at your house after school, later." I said. After minutes of both of us sitting in silence, the bell rang and I rushed out of the classroom, looking for Carter. My phone went off signaling a text message, so I pulled it out of my pocket to see I had two unread messages in my inbox.